nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #112373
View in linear mode

Subject: "What's the going rate on a D700" Previous topic | Next topic
cebert Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2010Wed 14-Aug-13 04:25 PM
262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What's the going rate on a D700"

St. Paul, US

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm considering selling my two D700 bodies. I don't see many listed on here and I'm curious what the current value is on them.

Both of the bodies are good condition. I'm pretty sure I have all the original packing materials too. One of the bodies has 125K frams through it and the other has about 40K frames through it. Both were recently cleaned and are in good working order. I just don't know what to ask for them.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Chris

Regards,
Chris

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
-Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What's the going rate on a D700
larsch01 Silver Member
14th Aug 2013
ibcj
14th Aug 2013
oldpro Silver Member
14th Aug 2013
stash Gold Member
14th Aug 2013
georgem Silver Member
15th Aug 2013
shootthedice
15th Aug 2013
stash Gold Member
18th Aug 2013
cebert Silver Member
15th Aug 2013
RLDubbya Silver Member
15th Aug 2013
bens0472
15th Aug 2013
MikeW2ck Silver Member
20th Aug 2013
adcam Gold Member
15th Aug 2013
ornate_wrasse Gold Member
16th Aug 2013

larsch01 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2009Wed 14-Aug-13 04:57 PM
135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

Los Angeles, US

You can check the KEH website for a general idea of what they are selling them for. It will get you in the ballpark.

Larry

ibcj Registered since 15th Mar 2010Wed 14-Aug-13 06:12 PM
124 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I've found that KEH is what they are asking for the bodies, not necessarily what they are selling for. Also KEH is a large company with a good return policy so they can sell for a little higher than on a forum.

I would look at ebay then deduct 10% as that is what you would lose in eBay fees. Listing it 10% less than ebay typically gets buyers attention and you would net the same money. Another resource is Fred Miranda forums, as the prices are usually pretty accurate although there can be some haggling.

Chris

oldpro Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2012Wed 14-Aug-13 07:18 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 2

Westwood, US

I have been looking at sales on D700's for a while as I am at some point considering buying one used. What I have seen is as follows.

Good condition with a low shutter count can go anywhere form $1500 to 1700. My local camera store had one with a shutter count of 1000 and he managed to get around $1900. That's to high.

I would say the body that has 40,000 shots would be worth $1400 to $1600. The other body maybe $1200 at best.

I keep looking for a body that I could pick up very clean with less then 10,000 shots for less then $1500.

KEH doesn't tell you shutter counts on there used cameras. I wouldn't purchase a camera a company unless they gave me a shutter count.

Good luck,

Joe

stash Gold Member Charter MemberWed 14-Aug-13 09:28 PM
589 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 3

Auburn, US

I asked KEH the same thing about shutter counts, they do not furnish them. Great company but this does not make sense. I said before they go to the warehouse do a count, they still said no shutters counts.
Wonder why? It only take a few minutes and can make the customer happy and satisfied--Isn't this is what good sales and customer service is about?

Stash

georgem Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Thu 15-Aug-13 02:11 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 4

East lansing, US

Hi Stash,

I had the same question for them concerning a D3 I was looking to buy. They ultimately told me if after having received the body and I didn't like the number of clicks I could always send it back.

That just sounded all wrong.

I ended buying from a fellow nikonian a body with under 30,000 clicks.

Best decision I ever made.

George

shootthedice Registered since 21st May 2006Thu 15-Aug-13 03:54 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Guess that's what I keep wondering too.... why these are still going so high with better focus algorithms and low light performance on later bodies...would like one for the finder as my eyes age...but otherwise...hmmm

stash Gold Member Charter MemberSun 18-Aug-13 09:22 PM
589 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 6

Auburn, US

I agree why the high prices with the D700. The camera is good no doubt about that but it's a few years old technology and without warranty.
If I were to buy a D700 now I would pay 1K at the most but again this is my opinion...w/no disrespect to anyone.

Thanks

Stash

cebert Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2010Thu 15-Aug-13 04:40 AM
262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Paul, US

Thank you all for the input.

Here's what I'm thinking...

$1500 for the 44K actuation camera

$1200 for the 125k actuation camera. I called Nikon today and thy said it costs between $350 and $450 to replace a shutter. I figure a $300 discount for high miles is decent.

Toughts?

Regards,
Chris

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
-Ansel Adams

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Thu 15-Aug-13 11:39 AM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 7

US

>Thank you all for the input.
>
>Here's what I'm thinking...
>
>$1500 for the 44K actuation camera
>
>$1200 for the 125k actuation camera. I called Nikon today and
>thy said it costs between $350 and $450 to replace a shutter.
>I figure a $300 discount for high miles is decent.
>
>Toughts?

There's a D700 on Fred Miranda with 30,485 clicks for $1375.00.

There's another one with 40,000 clicks for $1525.00

Another with 16k clicks, 2 batteries, $1430.00

bens0472 Basic MemberThu 15-Aug-13 02:46 PM
819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 7

Roswell, US

Those seem like reasonable prices. Now you just need to create the listing and state your price.

Ben

MikeW2ck Silver Member Charter MemberTue 20-Aug-13 06:14 AM
358 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 7

US

>Toughts?

I guess I wouldn't pay $1500 for a D700, even if it had 0 clicks. Just me.

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Thu 15-Aug-13 04:17 PM
596 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

I just sold my D700 locally with 12,000 shutter count. I included the grip for $1500.

ornate_wrasse Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2006Fri 16-Aug-13 08:00 AM
379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: What's the going rate on a D700"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

I just bought a D700 from a Nikonian about a month ago. I paid about $1450 after making an offer which was accepted by the seller. The shutter count was similar to your body that has 40K frames through it.

Hope that helps.

Ellen

http://www.pbase.com/ornate_wrasse/galleries

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #112373 Previous topic | Next topic