nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #111257
View in linear mode

Subject: "Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift opti..." Previous topic | Next topic
NikonMark37814 Registered since 20th May 2010Sun 02-Jun-13 12:59 AM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
Sun 02-Jun-13 01:00 AM by NikonMark37814

Morristown, US

I'm not comfortable using PayPal's gift option and insist on using regular PayPal even if it means adding 3%. Do I have the same protection from PayPal if I use the gift option? Are you comfortable using the gift option? Whenever I sell something I take PayPal and take care of paying the fees, wished others would do the same.
Do I take any risks using PayPal gift? Does the seller take any risks?

mVs
D2x, D300s, D700 & D800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift ...
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life.
02nd Jun 2013
AUMike Silver Member
02nd Jun 2013
NikonMark37814
02nd Jun 2013
Rickman Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Jun 2013
avigar Silver Member
04th Jun 2013

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Sun 02-Jun-13 01:28 AM
1836 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I believe this was discussed within the past year..and if I remember correctly,no you have no protection. And manybwonder why people just do not figure the cost of the fee into their price

Sheri Becker

AUMike Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Feb 2008Sun 02-Jun-13 02:56 AM
1199 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
In response to Reply # 1

Birmingham, US

FWIW,I think it is morally corrupt to use Paypal Gift in a buy/sell transaction. Screwing PP out of their 3% is just not right. Oh, one has no PP protection if the deal goes south and one has used the gift option.

NikonMark37814 Registered since 20th May 2010Sun 02-Jun-13 03:13 PM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
In response to Reply # 2

Morristown, US

Thanks for the useful information. I'll continue to buy and sell with regular PayPal. I've never had a problem adding 3% to a purchase. When I sell something I absorb the PayPal and shipping fees.

mVs
D2x, D300s, D700 & D800

Rickman Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberSun 02-Jun-13 06:34 PM
387 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
In response to Reply # 3

Port Deposit, US

On a fishing site I frequency with a BST, PP Gift option is forbidden due to lack of protection (and increased possibility of fraud I suppose) and subject to an infraction given to the OP. They also do not allow listing the PP fee separately so folks just increase the asking to begin with.

Rick S
U.S.Army (Ret)
Blessings come from many directions. Make sure you look around.
Prov 3:5, God Bless.

Visit my gallery

avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Tue 04-Jun-13 11:18 PM
486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Do I have protection from PayPal if I use the gift option?"
In response to Reply # 4

Northern IL, US

I avoid buying using the PP Gift option. No recourse if the transaction goes wrong for whatever reason.

--Ben

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #111257 Previous topic | Next topic