Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #110322
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gitzo GT3531s Systematic Tripod - Price Reduced" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
chickenrx Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2009Tue 09-Apr-13 12:49 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Gitzo GT3531s Systematic Tripod - Price Reduced"
Sun 21-Apr-13 10:34 AM by chickenrx

Ocean View, US

Excellent condition Gitzo GT3531s 6x Carbon Fiber Systematic tripod for sale. Includes new LensCoat leg wraps.

$550 includes PayPal fees and lower 48 shipping.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Thu 11-Apr-13 03:12 PM
216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Gitzo GT3531s Systematic Tripod - Price Reduced"
In response to Reply # 0

Boca Raton, US

Hi,

The maximum height is...? (eye level for me is about 5' 5-6")

Thanks,

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

chickenrx Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2009Thu 11-Apr-13 04:50 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Gitzo GT3531s Systematic Tripod - Price Reduced"
In response to Reply # 1

Ocean View, US

B&H shows the maximum height as 50.8". Add the height of your ballhead plus distnace from the cameral base to the eyepiece and you would have your effective working height. I'm 6' and used this with an Acratech GP head and leveling base along with collared lenses or primes on a D3. With that set up full extension was at a comfortable height.

Pugzilla Gold Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2008Thu 11-Apr-13 05:53 PM
216 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Gitzo GT3531s Systematic Tripod - Price Reduced"
In response to Reply # 2

Boca Raton, US

Hi again,

My current CF tripod has a height of 54", and with the 8.5" afforded by a gripped D800 and an RRS 40 ballhead, I think will be a better fit for me, although probably not as well put together as the Gitzo. But thanks anyway.

Walter

Never criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and have his shoes!

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #110322 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.