Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109915
View in linear mode

Subject: "Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
Obregon Moderator Charter MemberWed 20-Mar-13 09:54 AM
2455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
Sat 29-Jun-13 01:59 PM by Obregon

New York City, US

Goodbye old friend. You served me well, even if you were a little slow to focus. You are in good shape, even if you don’t rotate quite as smoothly in your tripod ring as you used to, but at least the RRS knob that I added to the collar really lets the collar be tightened enough to stop any vibration. You were great for telephoto landscapes, wildlife shots, hand-held shots of birds from the kayak, and with a close up lens, even for insect images. But you’ve been replaced. So I’ll let you go for $600.00 including shipment in the lower 48, with shipment after a personal check clears, or receipt of a money order or bank check.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)
NikonMark37814
20th Mar 2013
Obregon Moderator
27th Mar 2013
DHoff
16th Jun 2013
Obregon Moderator
16th Jun 2013
DHoff
19th Jun 2013
Obregon Moderator
20th Jun 2013
DHoff
20th Jun 2013
dm1dave Administrator
17th Jun 2013
Obregon Moderator
29th Jun 2013

NikonMark37814 Registered since 20th May 2010Wed 20-Mar-13 01:59 PM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 20-Mar-13 02:00 PM by NikonMark37814

Morristown, US

Please check your email, I just sent a PM with several questions. Could you post a few more pictues? It's hard to judge the cosmetic condition of the lens?

mVs
D2x, D300s, D700 & D800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Obregon Moderator Charter MemberWed 27-Mar-13 07:02 PM
2455 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 0

New York City, US

Still Available.

DHoff Registered since 10th Oct 2007Sun 16-Jun-13 10:47 AM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 2

Lynchburg, US

Is this still available?

Obregon Moderator Charter MemberSun 16-Jun-13 02:49 PM
#4. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 3

New York City, US

Yes

DHoff Registered since 10th Oct 2007Wed 19-Jun-13 11:17 PM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 4

Lynchburg, US

Sorry for the pregnant pause. I was overcome by other events. You have my interest sir. Do you have any frames taken out near the long end with that lens? Also, I am assuming that you are not interested in any electronic form of payment (paypal etc)?

Obregon Moderator Charter MemberThu 20-Jun-13 01:38 AM
#7. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 6

New York City, US

Someone may have beat you to the punch. The money order is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Sorry. But if it falls through I'll let you know.

DHoff Registered since 10th Oct 2007Thu 20-Jun-13 02:38 AM
#8. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 7

Lynchburg, US

Not to worry. I am glad that you were able to sell it. I had seen this when it was still new but wasn't in a position to make an offer then. KEH has them for a little more if this opportunity has passed for me.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 17-Jun-13 08:19 PM
11385 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Wow ... $600 that is hard to beat!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Obregon Moderator Charter MemberSat 29-Jun-13 01:59 PM
#9. "RE: Goodbye Old Friend 80-400mm VR (Not the new AFS)"
In response to Reply # 0

New York City, US

Sold.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109915 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.