"Some more Nikon stuff..." Thu 13-Jun-13 08:11 AM by Kilted_F3_nut
Thinking about picking up another F5, now that they're becoming more reasonably priced again.
1) Nikon Nikomat FTn. Chrome. Just overhauled. Cosmetically nice, except for two blemishes. Near the rewind crank on the rear corner of the top cover, there's a ding, and at the top of the prism, there's a small impression. Except for those two spots, looks well-preserved for a 42 year old camera. Does have a black rewind knob and advance lever. Otherwise, pretty much stock for a 1970-73 vintage FTn body. Taking a loss on it. 6 month transferable warranty. $100+shipping.
2) Nikon Nikkormat FT2. Chrome. Again, cosmetically nice. Only blemishes I see are a couple scratches in the black painted part near the self-timer lever and on the hub screw. Some minor brassing on the latch for the back. Top cover and baseplate have no damage. Everything works properly, mechanically. Meter is accurate, but did a couple times on one cold day show some jumpiness, but hasn't since then. Could've been a flaky battery. Recently refoamed. $70+shipping.
3) 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor AIS. Ugly. Is the only item in my kit that saw usage on my first three Nikon bodies, therefore, got bounced around a few times. Still has good glass, a properly functioning diaphragm, and a working helicoid (albeit a little sloppy, due to the wear and tear on it). Does take a filter without problem. Comes with period correct Nikon front cap and an LF-1 cap, if not purchased with one of the aforementioned bodies. Shown in FT2 pics. $75+shipping.
4) Nikon MD-12 motor drive. Pretty clean. Top of handgrip is uncracked and only has a scratch at the top front. Leatherette is nice. Terminals are clean. There is some marks on the data plate, near the serial number, and some marks around the rewind button actuating slide. Advances fine without any weird noises. The rewind slide does have to be manually reset. Due to that issue, I'm selling it for $25+shipping.
5) Nikon MB-21 grip. Clean, all contacts are good. Complete with MS-21 battery clip as well. Has the later style handgrip with the "tooth" at the top. Switch and battery check are marked Ni-Cd, instead of KR-AA. $35+shipping.
Have pics of everything except for the MB-21. Will get some tomorrow. Lens shown on the Nikomat FTn isn't included, nor is the eyecup. Personal PayPal payment is fine, as is a USPS Money Order. US buyers only. Items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail within 24 hours of payment clearing.