Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109430
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom Nikkor Lens for..." Previous topic | Next topic
Clarktmc Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Sun 24-Feb-13 06:26 PM
747 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon"

Killeen, US

Cleaning House,

I bought this lens a couple of years ago and it has sit on the shelf not being used for a long time. Sorry I can not find the box or manual. It is in 9+ condition. This is Non smoking house. It has always had a B&W slim filter on it. Put it on the cameras a couple of times and shot pictures here in the house. Never been out side as you can see from the pictures. Glass it in prim shape. Come as seen in picture. Beautful sharp clear lens. I have copied a couple of lines from Ken Rockwell and what he has to say about this lens.

This lens cost new $1,750... my price for the same lens $1400.00

Pirce includes shiping and PayPal.

Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S. enlarge. (77mm filters, 25.8 oz./730g). I'd get it at Adorama, Amazon, B&H Photo-Video or Ritz. As a popular pro lens, especially with the popularity of the D3 and D700, it's not always in stock. It helps me keep adding to this site when you get yours from those links, too. Thanks! Ken.

Ideal Uses: Nikon's top professional wide-angle zoom for FX digital and film cameras.

Not for: I wouldn't bother with this on a DX camera because any of the 17-55mm f/2.8 DX or 18-55mm DX kit lenses are smarter ideas.

The 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S is Nikon's basic wide-angle professional zoom for film and FX Digital. Almost every pro has one of these on one body, and a 70-200mm VR on his other body. It is one of the two or three lenses everyone with a D700, D3 or F6 should own.

This 17-35mm is sharp at all apertures, has great ghost resistance, less falloff than fixed lenses, only moderate distortion, is built like a tank and weighs about as much, too. It's made of solid metal, not the toy-store painted plastic. The only gotcha is that if you are dumb enough to shoot at f/2.8 in daylight at 17mm and then look in the farthest corners with a microscope, it's soft. Pros don't do that, but online experts might.

$1,400.00

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)
Attachment #8, (jpg file)
Attachment #9, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Clarktmc Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Thu 14-Mar-13 05:05 PM
747 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon"
In response to Reply # 0

Killeen, US

Lower Price $1,300.00

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109430 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.