Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109290
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II ..." - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sat 16-Feb-13 11:43 AM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II - $900"
Tue 12-Mar-13 11:46 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

I don't have much use for this lens now that the D800 has sold. So it is on the block too. I would like to net $850 for this lens so the $900 price includes shipping and insurance to the ConUS.

This lens is in perfect condition (bought new and used very little) and comes with the front and rear caps and the fixed hood, box and papers. The lens actually has two hoods. One is the fixed "petal" hood (seen in image 1) and the other is tubular and slides on over the petals (seen in the second image) and (I think) allows use of circular filters (82mm lens cap) that screw into the tubular hood. I have never used filters with it myself.

Since this is a full frame (FX) lens, the 12mm wide end really is 12mm and gives a very nice wide view. The lens' MSRP is $1400, but B&H sells it new for ~$950 so I am offering it for $900 to net $850 after shipping and insurance.

PM or email with questions, interest or offers.

Additional images can be made available if there is something specific you want to see.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Wed 20-Feb-13 10:42 AM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Price Reduction -: FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II - $900"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

Lens now priced at $800 including shipping.

Tom
D800, et al.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Tue 26-Feb-13 10:44 AM
#2. "RE: Price Reduction -: FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II - $900"
In response to Reply # 1

Frederick, US

Bump

Tom
D800, et al.

SoCal Dave Silver Member Charter MemberTue 26-Feb-13 06:22 PM
242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II - $900"
In response to Reply # 0

Marina del Rey, US

This is one of the biggest "sleeper" lenses out there!

I have BOTH this lens and the Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 and I carry both because this lens does what the Nikon (and no other lens in the world) can do. It goes to 122 degrees rectilinear. That's 8 degrees wider than the Nikon.

Sigma completely revised the lens in the mark II version and addressed the issues with the original lens which was soft and had CA problems. The addition of the new FLD elements has IMHO made a huge difference. Unfortunately, there are precious few reviews of the mark II lens - but lots of negative reviews of the old version. They just aren't the same thing at all.

Is it sharp? You bet! But, you be the judge by looking at the image below that is currently hanging in my office lobby as a 17"x25" print and draws many comments.
http://davidvoss.500px.com/new_/photo/7

My lens bag has room for both this Sigma and the Nikon and I love them both.

Highly recommended lens at a fair price!

"Content is King"
www.2750k.com
www.teampiranha.us

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Wed 06-Mar-13 01:24 PM
#4. "RE: FS: Sigma (for Nikon Mount) 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II - $750 (major price drop)"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 06-Mar-13 10:52 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

Price reduction to $750 shipped to the ConUS.

Email or PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Tom
D800, et al.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109290 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.