Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109229
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR! lens for sale!" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
videog Silver Member Nikonian since 06th May 2012Mon 11-Feb-13 09:46 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR! lens for sale!"
Thu 07-Mar-13 05:13 PM by videog

US

I am selling my Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR1 lens as I have not had much opportunity to use it, so, sadly, it has to go. The lens is in excellent shape. The glass is clean and the body is excellent with just a couple of very miniscule scuffs. You would have to look very closely to see them. Because of that, I'm giving the lens a 9+ for cosmetics. The lens looks, works, and performs wonderfully!!! Included are: the lens itself, a Flashpoint gimble head, front lens cover, front lens shade, clear filter lens protector, rear lens cap, a "Husky" bag (less conspicuous), a rain jacket, and a neoprene jacket (not shown). I have replaced the foot with an RRS foot.

I am asking $5199 for the package plus $70 for shipping with insurance. I will only accept payment via Paypal as they are safe for both you, and me.

Thanks!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)
Attachment #8, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

PeterBeckett Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010Wed 13-Feb-13 11:40 PM
802 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR! lens for sale!"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I want to put in a good word for this specific lens. Glenn (aka videog) is a friend of mine who loaned it to me for a couple of weeks last summer. It "delivered" flawlessly! If I didn't already own a 400/2.8, I would buy this 200-400 without hesitation. It performs, looks and feels as if it's brand new.

Unlike some, Glenn is a professional photographer who takes great care of his equipment.

I can personally recommend this specific lens. IMHO, especially with the various goodies that Glenn has included, his asking price represents a pretty good opportunity for a fellow Nikonian.

Pete

lizgray Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2011Sat 02-Mar-13 04:18 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR! lens for sale!"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston, US

Hi, is this lens still available? I have been looking for one for quite sometime. Is the only difference between the VR1 and VR II the vibration reduction? Thanks, and hope to talk to you later.
Liz

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

videog Silver Member Nikonian since 06th May 2012Thu 07-Mar-13 05:13 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon 200-400mm f/4 VR! lens for sale!"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Liz, I got desperate for a buyer so I placed an ad on ebay, and the lens is sold. I've been out of town for a week and forgot to cancel the ad on Nikonians. The VRII has a better VR for handheld shots (which would be few and far between because of the heft of the lens. The VRII also has a nano coating which is supposed to improve lens flare.
Thanks for asking Liz.
Glenn

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109229 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.