Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109051
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro and Sigma 1.4x TC - Excellent!!..." - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Sat 02-Feb-13 12:50 AM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro and Sigma 1.4x TC - Excellent!!!"
Wed 06-Feb-13 10:03 PM by Valentino

US

Selling the dynamic duo, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro and Sigma 1.4x TC. This combo of a superbly sharp macro lens combined with the matching 1.4x TC provides a 210mm f/4 macro lens with no noticeable image degradation. The combo provides about 40% more reach and a shallower depth of field allowing more background control. Longer macros, like 150mm or longer are great for outdoor nature work. Shorter macros like 100mm or less are easier for studio work.

This lens, like all Macro lenses, has a large well dampened focusing ring essential for fine tuning the area of focus. Most closeup work is best handled manually but it also has an HSM (Hypersonic motor) and a very useful Limit Switch to search near, far, or the full range. The tripod collar can easily be removed for handholding with flash without removing the lens. If you use an Arca-Swiss head you can pick up the long Wimberley P30 plate which can double as a focusing rail, else the P10 will fit like a glove for this mount. No need to buy dedicated plates.

Note: This is not the OS version. It is the version without stabilization. Stabilization does not work well at all for extreme closeups.

Selling to raise some money for other gear and because I have barely used it the last 2 years. I am the original owner and it is not an import. One of my rules is if I don’t use something for about 2 years I try to find it a good home so it will get used.

Prefer to sell as a set since together thee combo offers some useful versatility. I will try to sell the lens with or without the TC first. At least that is my intention as I write this

Condition: Glass on both items is clean and perfect. The coating on the 150mm lens is beginning to flake around the ring, mostly in one spot, which I circled.

Sigma 150mm Macro:
New: OS version is $1,100.00
Yours: $545 paypaled and shipped
Includes, Sigma150mm f/2.8 EX DG lens (this is not the OS version which is stabilized), hood, both caps - (front is a Tamron pinch cap the original Sigma cap was horrible so I replaced it), lens collar, case, instructions and original box.

Sigma 1.4x TC:
New: $250
Yours: $145 paypaled and shipped
Includes box, case and instruction.

Both: $675

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

mfphoto1 Registered since 29th Oct 2005Tue 05-Feb-13 07:36 AM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro and Sigma 1.4x TC - Excellent!!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 06-Feb-13 10:03 PM by Valentino

Cincinnati, US

pm sent

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Wed 06-Feb-13 10:02 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "SOLD"
In response to Reply # 1

US

SOLD

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #109051 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.