Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108950
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sun 27-Jan-13 02:52 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
Thu 10-Oct-13 09:05 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

I am selling a Vertex long lens bag for $220 net to me (e.g., shipping and any Paypal fees are added to the $220). The following was extracted from the original Vertex page and edited for the bag as it was designed for me.

This bag was designed for a Nikon 200-400 F4 and (alternatively) a 500 F4 and sized specifically for the lens/camera combination with or without a teleconverter. The idea is to be able to pull your lens/camera combination out of the bag and start shooting immediately.

The bag is specifically designed to be mounted to a vehicle seat in a vertical position, or for backpacking to or from a shoot. The bag has ten attachment points (four on each side and two on the bottom) and is supplied with four straps that are five feet long and have a plastic adjustable quick release buckle that are connected to the bag. The attachment points on the bag also have D rings which allow you to secure the bag with bungee cords or any strong cord.

The bag is unique in that it has four long zippers which allows you to withdraw your lens/camera in a side ways motion. Most bags close with a lid type top which will not allow you to withdraw the camera when the bag is in a vertical position in a vehicle seat. You would hit the vehicle ceiling trying to pull the lens/camera out of the bag. The four long zippers allow you to pull the lens/camera out from the front, left or right side.

The bag also has three external pockets. One pocket is designed for a flash and flash cord. There is a large flat pocket that can hold a Better Beamer Flash extender and a flash Bracket. The third pocket can hold 1.4 and 2x tele converters. That pocket will also hold 12mm and 25mm extension tubes.

The entire bag is constructed out of olive drab nylon pack cloth. This fabric is water repellent, not waterproof. The bag and pockets are padded with a light weight foam. The pockets close with 2" Velcro. We use 2" Velcro specifically because of the rough roads in Africa. 2" Velcro tends to be a little noisy but it secures the pockets well. The bag has a strap inside the bag to secure the lens/camera inside. It also has external adjustable straps to snug the bag around the lens/camera.

The bag has a stiffener plate in the back and on the bottom to help maintain shape and prevent the bag from slumping. The bag has two padded shoulder straps.

The bag originally cost me $325 with customizing and shipping and has been used very little. Since I have sold all my long lenses, I really have no use for it.

Please email or PM me with any questions. Thanks.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag
slothead Gold Member
19th Apr 2013
slothead Gold Member
03rd Oct 2013
unclemikey Platinum Member
03rd Oct 2013
slothead Gold Member
03rd Oct 2013
03rd Oct 2013
slothead Gold Member
04th Oct 2013
10th Oct 2013

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Fri 19-Apr-13 02:20 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

Still Available

Tom
D800, et al.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Thu 03-Oct-13 12:57 AM
#2. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 1

Frederick, US

Bump

Tom
D800, et al.

unclemikey Platinum Member Nikonian since 29th Apr 2013Thu 03-Oct-13 02:13 PM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 2

Henrico, US

Email sent.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Thu 03-Oct-13 03:20 PM
#4. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Frederick, US

Email responded to.

Tom
D800, et al.

unclemikey Platinum Member Nikonian since 29th Apr 2013Thu 03-Oct-13 03:53 PM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 4

Henrico, US

Transaction on its way.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Fri 04-Oct-13 03:04 PM
#6. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 5

Frederick, US

sale pending

Tom
D800, et al.

unclemikey Platinum Member Nikonian since 29th Apr 2013Thu 10-Oct-13 04:42 PM
#7. "RE: FS - Vertex Long Lens Bag"
In response to Reply # 6

Henrico, US

Tom, thanks for a trouble free transaction. I love this thing even though I don't yet know what to do with it. Hope to meet you in person some day.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108950 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.