Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108928
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon DP-3 finder - F2SB" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
Kilted_F3_nut Moderator Skilled and passionate film photogtrapher Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Sat 26-Jan-13 11:07 AM
5188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon DP-3 finder - F2SB"
Thu 13-Jun-13 08:19 AM by Kilted_F3_nut

Duvall, US

First, the bad:

1) needs new ring resistor. Meter display is as twitchy as quite a few later model FM2n bodies. Highly recommend contacting Sover Wong (soverf2repair.webs.com) and ordering the lifetime warranty ring resistor he sells for $40+shipping.

2) it is overexposing by 1.3 stops. For it to match my DP-12, I had to set the ASA to 160, instead of ASA 64. Could be related to the ring resistor issue.

3) ding on nameplate, above the DS-1/2 linkage tab.

The good:

1) Shell is undamaged. Has some brassing on some of the edges, but that's it. Top "Correct Exposure" indicator does work when eyepiece blind is closed, and turns on with shutter speed/aperture illumination switch.

2) All three LED's do function, even though it takes some work to get the display to settle down. Also, internal illumination LED works fine.

3) No damage to prism glass. No noticeable desilvering when looking through eyepiece and no separation.

Should be a nice finder once the ring resistor is replaced. Selling it for what I paid, plus shipping.

$85+shipping, contiguous US only.

-J

F4, F2AS, F2A, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, FTn - John Laughlin Photography - nature photographer

My Flickr account
My Facebook page

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108928 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.