Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108323
View in linear mode

Subject: "Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Thu 27-Dec-12 05:14 AM
1185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
Mon 14-Jan-13 01:50 AM by laddad

Kinston, NC, US

Fellow Nikonians I am again helping liquidate lots of camera gear for a widow in my community. Her husband was a photographer for a local newspaper. He had been an avid photographer for over thirty years. His preferred camera was Nikon. I have done my best to determine the value of each item. I have thoroughly evaluated each item. There will be a “no return” policy since the widow knows little of photography. The prices have been adjusted accordingly. The final transaction will be between you and the widow. I am receiving no benefit from the sales. If purchased I’m sure you will be happy with the item and price. "Please Do Not Leave Private Messages" Leave a response in this forum and/or send me email.

Below is an assortment of Fs, F2s and accessories. I checked the cameras pretty close but I have not cleaned them. They should clean up easily. The prices should easily compensate for me not cleaning them.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Nikon FTN: Black. This was the first “Professional Nikon SLR”. It was the major camera that captured the Viet Nam war for Life Magazine and later went to the moon. This one seems to be mechanically sound. No issues that I can see. It seems to work perfectly. This is a must for lovers of classic Nikons. Cosmetically is is a 7-8/10….brassing. Yes, the metering head works. I tested it with a “rig of tin foil & hearing aid batteries”. To my surprise now available is the WeinCell MRB625 which is a direct replacement for the old mercury PX-13 which is no longer available. Included also is original Nikon F manual/literature.
Price….$85 plus shipping

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Nikon FTN: Silver. Again this was the first “Professional Nikon SLR”. It was the major camera that captured the Viet Nam war for Life Magazine and later went to the moon. This one seems mechanically sound. I think the metering head works but I’m less sure on this one. It is priced accordingly. When I used the tin foil rig the needle moved, but in less pronounced way. The shutter and all else seems fine. Cosmetically it is a 8+/10...brassing. As above, consider the WeinCell MRB625. Included also is original Nikon F manual/literature.
Price….$70 plus shipping

Nikon F2 Photomic with DP-1 metering head: Black. Another classic maybe the most famous of all mechanical Nikon film cameras is the F2. It was the King of Nikons from the early 1970s until it was replaced by the F3 in 1980. There were many versions of this camera. Your camera could be upgraded just by changing the metering head or prism. This one is mechanically sound and works well. Cosmetically this is a 7+/10. Yes the DP-1 metering head works fine. Serial no. 7567xxx. Included is the original F2 manual & original F2 system booklet.
Price….$100 plus shipping

Nikon F2 Photomic with DP-1 metering head: Black. Another classic maybe the most famous of all mechanical Nikon film cameras is the F2. It was the King of Nikons from the early 1970s until it was replaced by the F3 in 1980. There were many versions of this camera. Your camera could be upgraded just by changing the metering head or prism. This one is mechanically sound with shutter, timer etc. There is an electrical issue since no current makes it to the metering head from the battery compartment. The DP-1 metering head works fine (tested on the previous F2). Cosmetically it is an 8+/10…brassing. Serial no. 7499xxx. Included is a photocopy & original F2 system booklet.
Price….$60 plus shipping

Nikon MD2 Motor Drive with MB1 Battery Pack. This was “best” of the three motor drives developed for the F2s. First was the MD1 which later replaced by the MD2. A less expensive slower motor drive was the MD3. This motor drive works flawlessly! It performed well on both of the above F2s. Original Manual is included. Not included: Nikon F2 & Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
Price….$200 plus shipping

F/F2 Prism & Metering Heads
Nikon F Prism Head: Black yet in need of new leatherette. Optically clean. These are highly prized because they are smaller than the metering head and are often sought when the metered heads no longer work. They are rare nowadays. The other plus is that the Nikon F prisms fit both the F as well as the F2.
Price….$100

Nikon F Prism Head: Silver. Clean optically and cosmetically. These are highly prized because they are smaller than the metering head and are often sought when the metered heads no longer work. They are rare nowadays. The other plus is that the Nikon F prisms fit both the F as well as the F2.
Price….$150

Nikon DP-1 Metering Head: Black. This was the original Photomic head for the F2 cameras. Works well.
Price…$75

Miscellaneous F & F2 stuff:

Nikon AS-1: Adapter for Nikon F & F2 cameras. Allow usage of traditional flashes to these cameras
Two available. Price…$10

Nikon AR-1: Screw on attachment for soft shutter release on Nikon F & F2 cameras. Price…$10

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!
laddad Gold Member
03rd Jan 2013
laddad Gold Member
05th Jan 2013
Clarktmc Gold Member
05th Jan 2013
laddad Gold Member
06th Jan 2013
laddad Gold Member
09th Jan 2013

laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Thu 03-Jan-13 02:44 AM
1185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 05-Jan-13 12:37 AM by laddad

Kinston, NC, US

Price Reduce for Liquidation:

Nikon FTN (Black)................................$72 plus shipping

Nikon FTN (Silver)...............................$60 plus shipping

Nikon F2 Photomic with DP-1 (ser. no. 7567xxx)...$85 plus shipping

Nikon F2 Photomic with DP-1 (ser. no. 7499xxx)...$50 plus shipping

Nikon MD-2 Motor Drive ..........................$170 plus shipping

Nikon F Prism (Black) Fits F & F2 ...............$85 plus shipping

Nikon F Prism (Silver) Fits F & F2 ..............$127 plus shipping

Nikon F2 DP-1 Metering Head .....................$64 plus shipping

laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Sat 05-Jan-13 12:12 PM
#2. "RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
In response to Reply # 1

Kinston, NC, US

Nikon MD-2 has been sold.

Clarktmc Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Sat 05-Jan-13 06:02 PM
747 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
In response to Reply # 1

Killeen, US

PM Sent on
Nikon FTN (Black)................................$72 plus shipping

Nikon FTN (Silver)...............................$60 plus shipping

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Sun 06-Jan-13 07:15 PM
#4. "RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 06-Jan-13 07:31 PM by laddad

Kinston, NC, US

Nikon MD-2 for Nikon F2.................sold

Nikon FTN - Black ..........................sold

Nikon FTN - Sliver .........................sold

Nikon F Prism - Black .....................sold

Nikon F Prism - Silver ....................sold

Nikon AS-1 flash adapter for F/F2.....sold

For Sale:

Nikon F2-Black with DP-1 (functioning) ser no #7576xxx.............$85 plus shipping

Nikon F2-Black with DP-1 (functioning) ser no #7499xxx.............$50 plus shipping
(battery compartment issue in body but DP-1 good)

Nikon DP-1 Metering Finder (functioning)..................................$75 plus shipping

Nikon AR-1 Soft Shutter Release for F/F2..................................$10 plus shipping

Nikon AS-1 Last of 2 to be sold with F2.....................................$10 plus shipping

laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Wed 09-Jan-13 04:07 AM
#5. "RE: Classic Film Nikons Priced To Go!"
In response to Reply # 4

Kinston, NC, US

Nikon F2-Black with DP-1 (ser. no. 7576) ..........Sold

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108323 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.