nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108079
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 " Previous topic | Next topic
Impropernoun Registered since 13th Sep 2012Sat 15-Dec-12 09:03 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 "

Hurst, US

Morning!

A friend of mine directed me to you guys to list my NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 lens.

I purchased the same from B&H on 9/19/12 to photograph my dog running a retriever event. Well, I failed - it's way too much lens for me. I literally put it on my (also new) D7000, walked ten feet from my truck with it - turned around and put it all back in the bag. It was too big and too heavy for me to even mess with.

I have the box and all that came with it - plus the instant I took it out of the box, I attached a 77mm Nikon Clear NC filter and changed the original foot to a RRS LCF-10 foot. I purchased a Nikon 77mm polarizer II filter for the set up too. Can you say I had delusions of grandeur for a newbie?

Anyone that's interested - I'd let the lens, with the original and RRS feet and two 77mm filters go for $2,300.00 (but reasonable offers would defintely be considered). Oh, and the lens came with some Tiffen 77mm package from B&H - I can throw that in too. I think I've learned my lesson and won't be needing a 77mm filter for anything else in my lifetime.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

francine Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jun 2007Sun 16-Dec-12 06:13 PM
907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 "
In response to Reply # 0

Thornton, US

I felt the same way but it is a great lens and ended up rebuying it with the VR. May I suggest what I did? Buy a monopod. It makes it so much easier. I hated the thought of using it but you do get used to it and get great pictures. With the tripod collar it is so easy to rotate the lens from horizontal to vertical. I now use a tripod alot which I hated to drag around, but got used to that also. It is a heavy lens and I also have the Sigma 150-500 and that is heavy. It was a big investment but I think if you try it out you might change your mind.
Fran

Impropernoun Registered since 13th Sep 2012Mon 17-Dec-12 04:40 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 "
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 17-Dec-12 04:41 AM by Impropernoun

Hurst, US

Thank you, Fran ... very good suggestions and I appreciate it.

I sure bit off a bunch to chew for someone who considers the iPhone capable of taking "images". I had some awesome advice and great resources (like here) in getting together what I thought would do the job - just went grocery shopping while hungry.

I appreciate your guidance - greatly.

Kev

SonjaM Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010Tue 18-Dec-12 11:48 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 "
In response to Reply # 0

Jersey City, US

So is it still for sale? How much?

Impropernoun Registered since 13th Sep 2012Wed 19-Dec-12 06:29 PM
#4. "RE: FS: NIKON 70-200MM AF VRII F/2:8 "
In response to Reply # 3

Hurst, US

Afternoon, Sonja ...

Yes, it is. I'm going to be listing in on that large auction service later this week. I've posted to sell the package for $2,300. Yesterday, I figured out that after the auction service charges, I'd net close to $2,100. after fees so I'd let it go for that to a private party.

Thanks for asking!

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108079 Previous topic | Next topic