Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108012
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Wed 12-Dec-12 04:08 PM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
Sat 29-Dec-12 08:22 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

It is with a heavy heart that I have come to this decision. I am leaving the Nikon Full Frame world and switching to the Micro 4/3 mirrorless system. My reasons are two-fold: I am tired of carrying around big heavy lenses and cameras and the expense of those full-frame systems is becoming more significant than my future budget is going to be able to sustain. So I have a lot of Nikon and full-frame equipment on the block. I take very good care of my equipment and aside from conditions that are acquired with the purchase of used equipment, there is normally very little wear to my gear.

Payment will be by Paypal or bank check allowing for clearing time.

Shipment (shipping cost and insurance not included in pricing) will be per the purchaser's selection and to those within the USA unless arrangements can be made, the cost of which would be at the purchaser's risk (my concern is how the world-wide shippers make shipping estimates - that at times seem ridiculous).

The D800 camera has about 4000 clicks on it. It takes fantastic images and has never had the focusing problem that some seem to report. It has never been back to a repair center for any kind of adjustment. While I had the camera I added LCD and monitor screen protectors to it, and I also added the DK-19 eye cup to it (which works very well I might add), but of course it is removable if not desired. I bought it used from a Florida owner who wanted to switch from the D800 to the D800E. I will be including as much of what I got from him as I can find from the box.

The Markins ULN800 Camera L-Bracket is available (retails for $139.99) and the Nikon SB-900 Speedlight (used to retail for ~450, but currently discontinued - with all its original accessories) is also available.

Several lenses are available since I will not be using them with my μ4/3 system (although some I will be keeping because they will be used). They include the Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (retails for $1046), the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G (retails for $439), a Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II (retails for $949), AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D (retails for $269), a Nikkor 35-70 f/2.8 recently refurbished (paid $300 + 186 for refurb), AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D (retails for $464)

Several bags are available for the set also, including some major long lens bags (I no longer have my 500P, my 200-400mm F4 VR, or any of my TCs). These consist of the Think Tank Shape Shifter back pack, The Moose Peterson MP-3 back pack (the without the laptop compartment), the Think Tank Gital Holster 40 and the Digital Holster 50.

I also have a Gitzo Systematic GT3541L (retails for about $750, and converted to an LS by implementation of an adapter – so the center column is also available with the tripod) and the GC3100 tripod case (retails for about $100), and a Markins Q20 ball head with knob release ($~400).

The grand total that I have invested in this pile of equipment is about $7600 but if anyone is interested in the entire set, I'll let it go for $6000 even (+ shipping and insurance, unless local). Knowing that there's a snowball's chance that someone will want this entire set, I am open to offers for some part of the set, and will consider all assortments and offers (that doesn't mean I'll take them, but I will consider them ).

I will eventually get around to posting pictures of almost everything, but I will be going about it slowly and will add a couple every day until the entire stock is sold.

I may also be posting it for sale on other sites as well, but will consider the date/time stamp on messages and emails from all to assess who gets there first.

Prices for the above are as follows:

Item/ Retail Price/ Condition/ Asking Price*
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikon D800/ $2996.95/ Excellent (~only 4000 clicks)/ $2600
Markins LN-800 Camera L-Bracket/ $139.99/ Excellent/ $125
Phottix RF Remote Release/ ~$50/ Excellent/ $40
Nikkor 28-300mm F/3.5-5.6 VR/ $1046.95/ Excellent/ $900
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G/ $439.00/ Excellent $350
Nikkor 35-70 f/2.8/ ~$500 invested/ Fully Refurb’ed/ $350
Nikkor 28mm F/2.8/ $269/ Very good/ $125
Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG/ $949/ Excellent/ $850
AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D/ $464/ Very good/ $464
TT Shape Shifter back pack/ $250/ Excellent/ $190
Peterson MP-3 back pack/ $305/ Excellent/ $225
Think Tank Holster 40 V1/ $80/ Excellent/ $40
Think Tank Holster 50 V1/ $85/ Excellent/ $50
Nikon SB-900 Speedlight/ ~$450/ Excellent/ $350
Gitzo GT3541L with LS adapter/ $749/ Excellent/ $650
Gitzo GC3100padded tripod case/ $105/ Excellent/ $80
Markins Q20 Head with knob RLS/ $390/ Very good/ $325

* Includes optional elements described in the text above

Some landscape images from the D800 can be found on my Smug Mug page (http://tjmanson.smugmug.com/Landscapes).

D800 with Body Cap

D800 w/o Body Cap

Front end of the Nikkor 28-300mm VR

Aft end of the 28-300mm VR

SB-900 original equipment

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FS - D800 and stuff - Additional pictures
slothead Gold Member
15th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff
DAJolley Silver Member
15th Dec 2012
slothead Gold Member
15th Dec 2012
slothead Gold Member
18th Dec 2012
slothead Gold Member
18th Dec 2012
slothead Gold Member
19th Dec 2012
Nikon32250 Silver Member
20th Dec 2012
Dgastrong Gold Member
26th Dec 2012
slothead Gold Member
29th Dec 2012
jgould2 Gold Member
29th Dec 2012
Linesider36 Silver Member
29th Dec 2012

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sat 15-Dec-12 01:35 AM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS - D800 and stuff - Additional pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

Additional Pictures:
These are of the 35-70 although the hood missed the pictures appointment. I have it here, but it just wasn't available for photos - shy I guess...

Lens set at the 70mm focal length and adjusted to focus at infinity:

Lens extended to its 35mm focal length and focused at minimum (macro/manual) mode:

Aft end of lens extended to the 35mm focal length:

Tom
D800, et al.

Attachment #3, (jpg file)

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Sat 15-Dec-12 02:07 AM
1162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Tom,
Sorry to hear you will be leaving us. I think many of us getting older will be looking to lighten our gear load. Good luck with the sales.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sat 15-Dec-12 01:04 PM
#3. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 2

Frederick, US

Dave, no need for despair. I am not entirely leaving you! I am keeping my D5000IR and a few lenses that work well with it for IR purposes.

Tom
D800, et al.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Tue 18-Dec-12 09:19 AM
#4. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 19-Dec-12 09:57 AM by slothead

Frederick, US

Here are 50mm f/1.4 pics

Make me an offer.

Tom
D800, et al.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Tue 18-Dec-12 02:57 PM
#5. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

The SB-900 Speedlight is SOLD. Thanks Rick.

Tom
D800, et al.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Wed 19-Dec-12 11:41 PM
#6. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 5

Frederick, US

I just noticed an error in the original price list (first post). The Micro 60mm f/2.8 was described with an asking price of $464, and should have said $350 as an asking price.

Tom
D800, et al.

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Thu 20-Dec-12 11:05 PM
3537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 6

St. Augustine, US

I have considered going the MFT route and even bought a Panasonic G3 and 2 lenses. While I enjoyed the lower weight I just couldn't get used to the feel of the much smaller body.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Dgastrong Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Oct 2012Wed 26-Dec-12 02:54 AM
893 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 7

Sonoita, US

Tom
Is the 28-300 still available?

Dale

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sat 29-Dec-12 12:55 PM
#9. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 8

Frederick, US

Yes Dale, the 28-300 is still available. I have PM'ed you.

Tom
D800, et al.

jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007Sat 29-Dec-12 05:15 PM
4405 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#10. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

El Segundo (Los Angeles), US

Hi Tom.

I sent you an email regarding the Think Tank Holster 40 V1.

JIM

Linesider36 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Nov 2009Sat 29-Dec-12 06:36 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: FS - D800 and a lot of Nikon Full Frame stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

Westhampton Beach, US

Interested in 50 1.4 if still available, PM'd you. Thanks, Spencer

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #108012 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.