nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #107883
View in linear mode

Subject: "D300 for sale" Previous topic | Next topic
tfeazel Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004Tue 04-Dec-12 03:16 PM
626 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D300 for sale"
Wed 05-Dec-12 02:59 PM by tfeazel

Polk City, US

This is my girlfriend's camera. We bought it last year from a fellow Nikonian from California. When it arrived it had 24,309 clicks, and it now has 33,458. Still a lot of life in this old girl.
This is a great camera and served my girlfriend very well, with one exception. She discovered the hard way that old Nikon lenses don't always work. That attempt was followed by a fairly expensive visit to Nikon by this camera. I'm not really sure what fitting a pre AI lens screws up, but Nikon fixed it, and it has been performing very well since then.
That lesson was learned in February, so we have had time to observe the cameras performance, and it seems very good.
We are only selling it because I have convinced her that I need a D 600; now she has my D7000, and I need the money.
I also have the box and two batteries. The original Nikon strap is also included.
I'm asking $700.
I can't figure out how to post images of the camera.
I was going to let them speak for condition, etc. but I'll describe it instead. Camera is in very good condition, with a few minor scratches and normal abrasions. It would not look new next to a new one, but it is in very good shape. On the KEH scale an Excellent+.
+++added5Dec+++
I am open to reasonable offers.

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

D3Xwannabe Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jul 2009Thu 06-Dec-12 09:22 PM
267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D300 for sale"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamsburg, US

Tom:

I had to chuckle a little when you described your ordeal with a non-AI Nikkor lens. I did the same thing. Turns out it shorted out the electrical contacts in the lens mount somehow, and I too had a really expensive lesson with Nikon in Melville, NY, and to make things even more coincidental: my camera? A D300!

The D300's are great shooters. GLWS!!!!

Sincerely,

CARL
D3XWannabe

tfeazel Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004Sun 09-Dec-12 04:19 PM
626 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D300 for sale"
In response to Reply # 1

Polk City, US

What lens?
The culprit in her case was a 50mm f1.4.

Tom

D3Xwannabe Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Jul 2009Sun 09-Dec-12 06:57 PM
267 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D300 for sale"
In response to Reply # 2

Williamsburg, US

Mine was the infamous 43-86mm lens of a time long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away. It was a 70's vintage lens that someone gave me.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #107883 Previous topic | Next topic