Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #107601
View in linear mode

Subject: "SPL Water Housing for D70" Previous topic | Next topic
slowry88 Silver Member Nikonian since 06th May 2004Sat 17-Nov-12 08:53 PM
303 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SPL Water Housing for D70"

Walnut Creek, US

I have a water housing for my D70 that I would like to sell.

SPL Waterhousing for D70 camera plus three ports. This waterhousing was specifically designed for surf photography (see www.splwaterhousings.com for more info and photos) but works well photographing kids, waves, snorkeling, etc. It is waterproof to around 10 feet or so and is all you need to start photographing in the water. The camera or lenses are NOT included.

I have owned this housing for about six years and it has served me well and produced some great shots. The housing includes a wide angle (or fisheye) port and a telephoto port. I am also including a second wide angle port that has some scratches.

Unlike many of the dive housings out there, you do not need to buy a custom port for each lens that you own (a huge plus for this rig). The wide angle ports can be used with a Nikon 10.5 fisheye (or equivilent) and also works great for other primes like the Nikon 20mm, 28mm or 50mm standard lenses. The telephoto port was designed for the Nikon 105 (which I do not own), but this port works well with an 85mm or equivalent lens.

$510 shipped. Want to give Nikonians a shot at it before I put it up for auction. The newer models go for $1500 and include only one port. Ports can be a few hundred bucks each, so I think this price is fair, but I'll entertain offers & feedback. I live in the East Bay, CA.

- Scott

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #107601 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.