nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #106964
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to the Nikonian world!" Previous topic | Next topic
Mjehlik Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Oct 2012Mon 15-Oct-12 02:48 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New to the Nikonian world!"

Mt. Sterling, US

Glad to be here and find such a plethora of information!

My start in photography began years ago watching my Dad. He was a semi-pro, teacher, dabbler, and a sponge for knowledge--A wonderful eye for the craft. Unfortunately, he passed in 2008. Like many people, I suppose, this spawned a renewed interest in me to hone my own skills (slightly to the right of beginner/novice) and utilize and honor his legacy in my heart. I know I can't be him and he wouldn't want that anyway. But I do carry much of him in me and it's going to be fun to see where the back roads lead me.

With that, I have inherited a ton (not literally--but it's quite overwhelming) of gear. It's mostly SLR, Hasselblad, and boxes and boxes of camera accessories. Most of this stuff I'll never use, realistically. So, if you have any suggestions as to how to sell it, donate it, etc., I'd be grateful. For all you 20-30 year vets, imagine a family member going through your closet and having to put on their archaeological hat! Don't get me wrong, there are great blessings in every box.

As for me, I have been using his D100 for the last four years, with a few lenses, shooting mostly outdoor scenery and my family. A week or so ago I purchased a D7000 and absolutely love it. This thing will keep me on the learning curve for quite a while. One great attribute of the D7000 is that it will accept a good number of my Dad's AI(S) and AF lenses.

I'm having fun now with the Fall colors here in KY and just shooting whenever I have the chance.

Anyway, just a bit of an intro for you all. Glad to be a part of a special group!

Blessings!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

vobraman Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Feb 2009Mon 15-Oct-12 04:02 PM
112 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New to the Nikonian world!"
In response to Reply # 0

Flossmoor, US

Welcome to the party!!!

avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Mon 15-Oct-12 04:26 PM
486 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New to the Nikonian world!"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 15-Oct-12 04:27 PM by avigar

Northern IL, US

Welcome to Nikonians, Michael. With regards to the assortment of gear and accessories you're looking to sell, I would check with EBay to get an idea of what their current worth is. You can then list them for sale here, EBay, or any other photography site. Some items may not be worth much, so you can list them separately as giveaways here, if you wish. Interested parties can provide the shipping expenses if they want the item(s).

Good luck and enjoy your new D7000!

--Ben

Mjehlik Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Oct 2012Mon 15-Oct-12 06:50 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New to the Nikonian world!"
In response to Reply # 2

Mt. Sterling, US

Thanks Ben! Good suggestion.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #106964 Previous topic | Next topic