Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #103
View in linear mode

Subject: "70-300 4-5.6 ED+24-120 3.5-5.6D+L37c filters - $250/350" Previous topic | Next topic
algol Basic MemberWed 17-Apr-02 04:32 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"70-300 4-5.6 ED+24-120 3.5-5.6D+L37c filters - $250/350"

* 70-300 ED Lens and filter bought in ADORAMA in July 2001 ,
shot only 4 rolls with it. Hood,papers,caps,US warranty.
Excellent condition-$250
* 24-120 in perfect condition.US warranty-$350.

Both lenses included Nikon L37c filters in original packages.
Will pay shipping in continental US.
I will ship anywhere(Europe,Asia..)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

stockmonkey42 Registered since 28th Apr 2002Sun 28-Apr-02 03:40 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 70-300 4-5.6 ED+24-120 3.5-5.6D+L37c filters - $250"
In response to Reply # 0

Hoe-Bunk, US

This looks like a decent deal. Email me photos if you have them and, well, are you still selling this dynamic douo?

Let me know.
Thanks!

stockmonkey42@hotmail.com

stockmonkey42 Registered since 28th Apr 2002Sun 19-May-02 01:39 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 70-300 4-5.6 ED+24-120 3.5-5.6D+L37c filters - $250"
In response to Reply # 1

Hoe-Bunk, US

I'd like to paste the e-mail corrispondance here so everybody knows what a great person ALGOL is:

30, APRIL STOCKMONKEYI'm in Wixom Michigan. If you're not from 'round here we're about an hour south west of Pontiac. Like I said before I have (maybe I didn't) a 28-105 3.5 AF D. I've found that out in the feild or shooting buildings and shacks and barns I really need a wider-angle. I bought it about three weeks ago. I've got a Pentax system too with a 28-80. My Nikon stuff is for my studio. Perfect condition, just a little dust but the canned air really smokes it out of there.

Let me know if you'd like to let go of your 24-120. How long (by the way)have you had the lens? When I got enough $$ to buy my Nikon thats the lens I wanted to get. BUUUUUUT I was looking on line. "Sorry thats on back order" "Oh, you want the F100? We only have gray market" So I went to Ritz Camera and I got to look at everything before I bought it.

Also, do you have pics of your lens?
Let me know . . .

Thanks!
STOCKMONKEY

30, APRIL ALGOL
Like I said before I bought it about a year ago, I am not a pro , so I used it not regularly ( I have other lenses to shoot with). I don't have pictures of it but it doesn't have any scratches etc.
All the time filter was attached.
If ready to buy I am ready to sell.
Any questions please ask.
Thanks,

Alek

PS. If you need references I have it on photo.net
Please let me know if you intresed I have 3 more e-mails to answer today.

(e-mail tag)

5, MAY STOCKMONKEY
Hey, sorry about that lul in communication. We lost internet at my home so I'm at a friends house right now using him! HA! Anyway, yes I'm interested in the lens very much. Cashflow is a problem right now, though. See, Uncle Sam was supposed to send me a nice big check from taxes two weeks ago. Thats why I was asking and pondering about this wonderful lens. If I had the money right now I'd all but westernunion the $$ to you. I know you've heard this all before, and you're probably tired of it. I know I was when I tried selling my Pentax kit. Bottom line, no bull. When I get my check I will mail you, if you still have it, I'll buy it. If you can hold out maybe two weeks at the most, I'm your buyer. Thats my bottom line. I don't want to ask you to hold on to it just for me. If you can sell it, DO IT! $350.00 is $350.00 either way you look at it. I am a honest person and faithful to my word. Out of all the freezedried-cafe latte-instant-breakfast-crap in the world thats the only thing that I can trust. I hope that you feel you can too.

Thank you,
STOCKMONKEY

5, MAY ALGOL
Salut , Stockmonkey!
Thanx for the honest response, I hope Uncle Sam will have the same decency you have and will
send you whetever is yours. I don't have any commitment to sell the lens yet , I am
almost positive that this picture will not change in two weeks, so if you want to buy it
either I can wait 2 weeks with "no problem" or I can send it to you and expect the money
after two weeks period with the same "no problem" . Either way is OK with me , tell me how
is better for you? If you are sure and commited than I'll take your word for it and send it
to you , if you want to contact me in two weeks - it is also fine with me.

Thank You very much,

Alek.

I received the lens in perfect condition about three days later (the weekend was stuck in there too). I've been using this little gem ever since I got it. The only thing I'm missing is the Macro function my other lens has but that's just personal prefrance. It came in box, both caps, Nikon filter, in ORIGINAL box, with papers, warranty card, and all the other things Nikon sticks in there for our reading pleasure. As agreed I will pay when I get my Uncle Sam checks (which should be anyday now). Thank you Alek for your trust and your lens!!!

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #103 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.