nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #10219
View in linear mode

Subject: "400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case" Previous topic | Next topic
fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Tue 07-Feb-06 04:34 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"

Barrington, US

For sale is a LN- condition Nikon f2.8D AF-s, using KEH scale. It comes with the rear cap, front soft cover, drop-in filter, extra drop-in filter holder, strap, HK-25I, HK-25II, both short and tall tripod collar foot, and orginal Nikon trunk. Glasses are completely clean, free of any defects. Operations are 100%. Cosmetically, there are a few nicks at the front where the lens hood attaches ( I have never seen one 400mm AF-s without such nicks, bad lens hood designs), one or two small and light surface marks on the lens barrel, some brassing at the lens mount. The finish on the lens barrel shines beautifully otherwise.

This is from a Japanese executive who bought the lens in the US, lived in US for many years, recently was called back to Japan and decided to let the heavy lens stay in the US. He bought it new in around 2000. The gentleman is an entusiastic birder but has not been using the lens much due to busy lifestyle.

I personally own one of these (if I did not I would have grabbed it myself) and I chose it over 600mm and 500mm for its versatility: I can shoot at f2.8 in low light and add a TC-17E II to make it a 680mm f4.8.

I attached some pictures here:

http://static.flickr.com/21/96475382_983e0d6278.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/22/96475395_0f9f2effa7.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/19/96476072_793759451b.jpg

More and larger pictures can be seen at

http://flickr.com/photos/tags/400mmafs/

KEH has this lens of EX+ condition (one notch lower than LN-, without all the factory accessories) for $4999. Asking $4250 paid in checks or money order shipped in the US. Willing to take paypal and split the fees but will ship for the actual shipping cost for paypal payment.

I personally stand behind the descriptions here and will take returns if not as described. I am in Chicago area and welcome fellow nikonians to stop by to inspect it.

Lowered the price. That is more than $1000 lower than KEH price. I do not read PMs here. Please email me if interested.

To clarify, the included two tripod collar feet are Nikon feet. The pictures show a Wimberley replacement foot to work on a Wimberley head not included in the sale.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case
rifo
09th Feb 2006
fspeeder
09th Feb 2006
fspeeder
11th Feb 2006
fspeeder
14th Feb 2006
Reply message PENDING 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case
fspeeder
16th Feb 2006
Reply message RE: PENDING 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case
scooter 7
24th Feb 2006

rifo Registered since 05th Jan 2005Thu 09-Feb-06 02:30 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 0

Glen Cove, US

Hi,

Could you clarify what is the new lower price?

Thanks,

Rich

fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Thu 09-Feb-06 03:10 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 1

Barrington, US

The lowered price is $4250, lowered from $4500. This compares to KEH's EX+ (one notch lower than LN-) at $4999 and Adorama's former rental starting at $3799 on ebay. Thanks, Jeff.

fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Sat 11-Feb-06 01:52 PM
#3. "RE: 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 0

Barrington, US

Lower the price to $4100.

fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Tue 14-Feb-06 01:04 PM
#4. "RE: 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 0

Barrington, US

Last call before it going to the big site on Thursday night. $3999 plus any fees and shipping insurance cost.

fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Thu 16-Feb-06 04:08 AM
#5. "PENDING 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 0

Barrington, US

PENDING.

scooter 7 Basic MemberFri 24-Feb-06 06:31 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: PENDING 400mm f2.8D AF-s LN- in orginal case"
In response to Reply # 5

San Antonio, US

I purchased the lens and it is GREAT! Jeff was great to deal with, everything as promised or better. Scott:)

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #10219 Previous topic | Next topic