Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Buy topic #6
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Manual (preferably FM)" Previous topic | Next topic
jna213 Basic MemberSun 05-Aug-01 11:43 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Manual (preferably FM)"

I'd like to buy a used Nikon Manual body. I need a manual to replace my *gasp* Minolta XGM (yes, I'm ashamed, but it's what my parents gave me when I first got into photography). I love being able to switch from my N80 to a manual camera, but it really sucks not being able to use my nikkor lenses. Anyone out there got a body for sale?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RonL Basic MemberWed 05-Sep-01 01:26 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Manual (preferably FM)"
In response to Reply # 0

Grand Rapids, US

RdL

I have a Nikkormat FT3 in good shape. Takes great pictures and can use any nikon mount lens. It is a full size camera not like those little olumpus. let me know if your interested.

woodchuck312 Basic MemberWed 05-Sep-01 06:38 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Manual (preferably FM)"
In response to Reply # 1

HI there don't be ashamed of your Minolta XG-M, older manual MInolta camera's especially the XK, XE7 and XD-11 and XG-M are great cameras comparable to many of the nikon's and usually were in the forefront of camera functions and optics in lenses, the XD-11 was the 1st camera to ever have a program function, Minolta was the 1st to have aAF camera the MAx7000, but it is nice to have a manual nikon camera so to interchange with autofocus cameras , just wish Minolta would have done the same.

hawkinslm Basic MemberTue 11-Sep-01 11:41 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Manual (preferably FM)"
In response to Reply # 0

Detroit Metro, US

Hi,
I have a mint FM2/T "Titan" available.
It has original packaging, body cap, documentation, and USA Warranty card.
This Titanium version of the FM2n is said to be much smoother and is of course lighter. They're pretty hard to find, as people tend to not part with them .
Check out http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfmseries/fm2t/index.htm
for a nice review.
Let me know if you're interested.
Happy hunting!
-Lynne
JunkHawk@mediaone.net

-Lynne

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Buy topic #6 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.