nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9984
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture" Previous topic | Next topic
William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Sun 10-Feb-13 09:33 AM
427 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"

Rambouillet, FR

I got back from a safari, saw what appears to be mostly oil spots on the sensor (D7000) and took a dust off reference photo successfully (checkerboard grid). It shows on the file list when viewed on the Finder on my iMac. But, when I open a NEF file in CNX2 and go to the dust off reference image control the little window says "none" and when I hit the "change" button my (which opens the file list in a new window where the NDF file is perfectly visible) I get a message saying there is no reference image.

Anybody else have this problem or suggestions on how to resolve it?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture
cliddell Silver Member
10th Feb 2013
rbaskin Silver Member
12th Feb 2013
William Rounds Gold Member
12th Feb 2013
sirraj Silver Member
03rd Mar 2013
William Rounds Gold Member
22nd Mar 2013

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 10-Feb-13 03:19 PM
1003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi William,

Not sure if the D7000 has the self cleaning facility.

If it has and it is set to clean when turning off then I understand this cleaning action could change the position or remove any dust included when the reference picture was taken. I believe the software recognises this and gives a "none" report.

A solution would be to temporarily turn off the auto clean facility in the camera.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007Tue 12-Feb-13 01:42 AM
358 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"
In response to Reply # 0

Ridgefield, US

I've found it to be hit or miss - mostly miss - when taking a dust reference photo retroactively (my old D70s w/out automatic cleaning. The software does seem to be able to tell that the spots are not in the same place.

Ralph in CT

William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Tue 12-Feb-13 07:31 AM
427 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"
In response to Reply # 2

Rambouillet, FR

So far my problem is that the software doesn't even recognize that a dust-off photo exists, although it shows on my camera screen and on the file list in my computer.

sirraj Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2005Sun 03-Mar-13 02:49 PM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"
In response to Reply # 3

Minneapolis, US

I had the same problem. I finally figured out that you have to take the reference photo at the same time you take the photos you plan to use it with. I think it has something to do with the time stamp on the files. Try taking a dust off photo and then another photo at the same time. You should then be able to apply the dust off photo to the photo you took at the same time. You can then save the adjustment in NX2 and apply it to any other photos.

Sirraj

William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Fri 22-Mar-13 07:04 AM
#5. "RE: NX2 doesn't recognize a dust off reference picture"
In response to Reply # 4

Rambouillet, FR

Thanks Sirraj, I'll try that next time.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9984 Previous topic | Next topic