Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9965
View in linear mode

Subject: "Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?" Previous topic | Next topic
M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 09-Feb-13 01:39 AM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"

Jackson, US

I thought I loaded Capture NX2 at some point in the past, but I don't see it on this computer now. Did it come free with a D4? Or even a D300?

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?
gpoole Platinum Member
09th Feb 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
09th Feb 2013
gpoole Platinum Member
09th Feb 2013
KnightPhoto Gold Member
09th Feb 2013
M_Jackson Silver Member
10th Feb 2013

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Sat 09-Feb-13 03:57 AM
3695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

My D4 came with a 16GB XQD card and XQD USB 3.0 reader, but not with CNX2.

I got a D300 from the first batch in the US. It had a CNX license code in the box. When CNX2 was released I had to pay for the upgrade.

It's possible that CNX or CNX2 has been on the CD or DVD distributed with some Nikon Cameras, but as far as I know the only cameras that included the license code were the early D300 and D3 shipments (at least in the US). Without a license code CNX of CNX2 will run for for a demo period of 30 or 60 days and then stop.

You can always download CNX2 and try it for the demo period for free. If you have a previously issued CNX2 license code, you can apply it to the demo download.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 09-Feb-13 02:16 PM
683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"
In response to Reply # 1

Jackson, US

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the info. I probably did get the CNX with my D300 as I seem to remember loading it but never really using it. I guess the other part that got cross wired was hearing a couple saying it was too bad Canpure NX2 wasn't included with a $6000 D4.

Is there still an upgrade price for going from a CNX to CNX2, assuming I still have the old disk and license?

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Sat 09-Feb-13 04:00 PM
3695 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"
In response to Reply # 2

Farmington Hills, US

B&H lists CNX2 upgrade for $85 and full product for $135.

When you install the upgrade you will have to enter both old and new license codes.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 09-Feb-13 07:02 PM
4281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"
In response to Reply # 2

Alberta, CA

The Canadian site says "Choose from the Full Version (Product Number 25385) or the reduced-price Upgrade Version (Product Number 25386) which requires a valid serial number from version 1.x of Capture NX."

Be darned if I could figure out where to click to get either product number, hopefully on the USA site this is clearer!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 10-Feb-13 03:31 AM
#5. "RE: Did Capture NX2 come with a new D4?"
In response to Reply # 4

Jackson, US

Thanks for doing the homework! At least for a while, I think I will work with the current workflow and see how it pans out with only View. So far, so good!

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9965 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.