Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9945
View in linear mode

Subject: "VIEW NX2 and Raw file Vs CS5" Previous topic | Next topic
Tucsonmr2 Registered since 08th Nov 2012Mon 04-Feb-13 02:43 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"VIEW NX2 and Raw file Vs CS5"

AU

Guys,
have a specific question.
i usually import the raw files from my camera using View nx software make some neccessary changes to the white balance and exposure etc if i have to.
then when i import the files into CS5 (for corrections like getting rid of unwanted stuff etc) the file is opened exactly as it came from the camera ( with no changes i made visible)
why is this happening??

i realise that CS5 doesnt recognise Nikon raw format as well as the Nikon software itself, which is why i save the file in View Nx first but that doesnt seem to be working
any other way to fix this problem? apart from saving as a jpeg/tiff and then importign to CS5

cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80080326@N04

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 04-Feb-13 11:20 AM
8563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: VIEW NX2 and Raw file Vs CS5"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

I'm afraid there is no way to make any Adobe product read the edits to a NEF made in post processing using View. You'll need to save the file as a TIFF or similar format that includes those changes.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9945 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.