Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9923
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 NEF File" Previous topic | Next topic
GodFather2u Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2012Mon 28-Jan-13 06:42 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 NEF File"

San Jose, US

Hi All,

I downloaded the trial version of Capture NX2 and so far it's been great, BUT it can't seem to read my NEF files. The JPG's are perfect, but no NEF. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to tweek something to get it going?

The free software that came with my D600, ViewNX2 reads everything, but I feel the Capture NX2 has more offer if only it will read NEF files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

GodFather2u Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2012Mon 28-Jan-13 06:52 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 NEF File"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Okay stupid me. I just found my own answer. The trial version was 2.3 and after upgrading it to 2.3.5 everything works fine.

Thanks for looking.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 28-Jan-13 08:57 PM
49987 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 NEF File"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 28-Jan-13 08:57 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

Glad you found it

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 29-Jan-13 01:25 AM
5811 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 NEF File"
In response to Reply # 1

Tacoma, US

You aren't allowed to call yourself stupid when you solve your own problem!

Enjoy CNX2. I think you'll find it to be a very, very good image editor.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9923 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.