Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9909
View in linear mode

Subject: "convert profile" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 23-Jan-13 11:21 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"convert profile"

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Some time ago mickklass told me how to use Convert To from the Capture NX2 Adjust menu and that was great.

I have just noticed something confusing, if I convert an image in Capture NX2 from adobe to srgb that image remains shown as adobe (bottom of image and in NX2 metadata) when it is opened in NX2.

However if the image is opened in NX2 but from within PhotoMechanic it is shown correctly as srgb in the image itself and in PM data menu?

Help please.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 23-Jan-13 03:49 PM
5816 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: convert profile"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Make sure that you have set up the color management preferences in CNX2 so that it uses the embedded color profile, and doesn't apply your default profile (which I assume is set to AdobeRGB based on what you have described).

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Wed 23-Jan-13 06:07 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: convert profile"
In response to Reply # 1

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks for reply Mick,

Default CNX2 is AdobeRGB and that is as set in my D700.
I just wanted to produce an occasional single srgb jpg for web use from a TIFF which is stored as Adobe and from NEF original.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9909 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.