Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #990
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fixing ViewNX after upgrading to Windows 7" Previous topic | Next topic
RSchussel Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2008Thu 26-Nov-09 05:14 AM
416 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Fixing ViewNX after upgrading to Windows 7"

Vallejo, US

After I upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7 all of the pictures except very small thumnails had a sreong green tint that could not be corrected.

After much frustration I discovered that the color management profile for my monitior was being used instead of NKsRGB.

To fix the problem go to Edit in ViewNX then Options then Color Management. In the first section default RGB color space browse for the color space you prefer and then hit OK.

The reason I use ViewNX is to determine which pictures to keep. I like the ability to make the pictues almost full screen size and then
cliking thru them like a slide show.I would prefer to do this in CaptureNX2--is there a way to do this

Bob

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #990 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.