Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9899
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2/Windows 8" Previous topic | Next topic
flynnj Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Nov 2006Sun 20-Jan-13 06:27 PM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2/Windows 8"

Dallas, US

I recently upgraded to a new computer running Windows 8. Since I previously used Capture NX on my old computer, I wanted to upgrade to Capture NX2 on the new machine. So I contacted Nikon USA to determine compatibility between the OS and the software. Nikon responded, "no Nikon software has been updated for Windows 8 at this time, check back over the next few months for possible updates". Just what I wanted to hear! Now my question. Is anyone with a Windows 8 OS successfully using Capture NX2? Thanks for your help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 20-Jan-13 06:58 PM
50742 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2/Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

No offcial update for Windows 8, but CNX2 works well with Win 8.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Mon 21-Jan-13 01:24 AM
794 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2/Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Yes, I installed it on a Win 8 laptop. Works OK. However, I didn't use all the bells and whistles of the app.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

flynnj Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Nov 2006Wed 23-Jan-13 01:54 AM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2/Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 2

Dallas, US

Gerold & Ken,thanks for your input. I've ordered the Capture NX2 upgrade and will be post processing soon on my new computer.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9899 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.