Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9887
View in linear mode

Subject: "File conversion" Previous topic | Next topic
DonaldAllen Registered since 13th May 2002Thu 17-Jan-13 03:12 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"File conversion"

Carrollton, US

I have a new P7700 that shoots in NRW Raw format. How can I convert this to NEF? I want the option of using Adobe Photoshop to work on my RAW files. I don't want to have to buy the Nikon Software. I tried it and did NOT like it. I have the View NX2 which will open and convert to JPEG but that is not what I need.
HELP.
Thanks.

Donald Allen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Fri 18-Jan-13 03:56 PM
994 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: File conversion"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Donald,

You don't have to buy Nikon software, ViewNX2 is a free download from your local Nikon site.

You may even get "hooked" by the absolute ease that this freebie works seamlessly with NEF and NRW files. You may find that its considerable editing functions will do all and more than you need :>)

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

sfbillm Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2004Mon 04-Feb-13 01:34 PM
851 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: File conversion"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 04-Feb-13 01:35 PM by sfbillm

Santa Fe, US

>I have a new P7700 that shoots in NRW Raw format. How can I
>convert this to NEF? I want the option of using Adobe
>Photoshop to work on my RAW files. I don't want to have to
>buy the Nikon Software. I tried it and did NOT like it. I
>have the View NX2 which will open and convert to JPEG but that
>is not what I need.
>HELP.
>Thanks.

You don't have to use any Nikon sw. According to the Adobe U.S. Web site, both ACR for PS6 and LR4 support the P7700 RAW (i.e. NRW) format.

No conversion to NEF is required.

SantaFeBill

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9887 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.