Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9874
View in linear mode

Subject: "Software to manage custom settings" Previous topic | Next topic
BullockBob666 Registered since 12th Dec 2012Mon 14-Jan-13 10:05 AM
111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Software to manage custom settings"

Perth, AU

Does anyone know of any software out there that allows you to edit, save and load from computer, and upload custom settings to the camera?

Cheers
Rob

It's all about the light

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Software to manage custom settings
Asgard Administrator
14th Jan 2013
HHargitt Silver Member
14th Jan 2013
Asgard Administrator
14th Jan 2013
HHargitt Silver Member
14th Jan 2013
BullockBob666
15th Jan 2013
HHargitt Silver Member
15th Jan 2013
BullockBob666
16th Jan 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 14-Jan-13 06:47 PM
51169 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Sorry, never heard about such software.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Mon 14-Jan-13 10:23 PM
511 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Maple Ridge, CA

Camera Control Pro 2 will let you load and save camera settings as well as shoot tethered. A bit expensive for what it does, but really handy for saving different settings.

Happy shooting,

Howard

Will shoot for fame...fun...food... a heck I'll shoot anytime anywhere.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 14-Jan-13 10:46 PM
51169 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Some camera settings.. OK, but customs settings ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Mon 14-Jan-13 11:50 PM
511 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 3

Maple Ridge, CA

Most menu items and custom Picture Processing are savable, the Custom bank menu items are not... Custom Picture control settings are saved to the card not the computer, but are loadable via the save/load settings as long as they are not removed from the card loaded in the camera. I you try to load a Picture Control that is not present on the card you get a warning. Gotta love those Nikon menus... lol

Hope that's clearer,

Howard

BullockBob666 Registered since 12th Dec 2012Tue 15-Jan-13 08:10 AM
111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 4

Perth, AU

Thanks to you both for the info.

Sounds like there is scope there to write a small app to fill in the gap that Nikon has left

Cheers
Rob

It's all about the light

HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Tue 15-Jan-13 04:54 PM
#6. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 5

Maple Ridge, CA

Very well could be, there is an SDK for the Nikon gear but I don't know how cumbersome the licensing fees would be. I know that when the rage was to hack the Canon firmware there were several groups that were looking into doing it for Nikon gear too. It's been about 4 years since I've heard anything of the project, so I would imagine that either life got in the way or there's something in the terms of use or the actual SDK that make doing more than what they intend too difficult. Hmmm .... I wonder if Kickstart can be used to fund hacks? If it was life that got in the way having a wage to develope the app would make it easier.

Happy shooting,

Howard

BullockBob666 Registered since 12th Dec 2012Wed 16-Jan-13 03:53 AM
#7. "RE: Software to manage custom settings"
In response to Reply # 6

Perth, AU

I noticed the SDK too. It was tempting to d/l but when I got to the registration page it looked a bit too involved to get so I left. If only there were more hours in the day!

Cheers
Rob

It's all about the light

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9874 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.