Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9871
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with Windows and View NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
morrisvan Registered since 13th Jan 2013Sun 13-Jan-13 08:00 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problem with Windows and View NX2"
Sun 13-Jan-13 08:30 PM by ericbowles

GB

Hello!

I don't think I'm quite on the right topic section here, but I can't find the right one.

I have only just aquired a D5100 and installed ViewNX2 and just tried to play around with it. I can adjust brightness, contrast etc without problem, but as soon as I try to crop an image (i.e. having chosen Crop -> Freecrop and then bring the cursor over the image, I get a message that Windows has encountered a problem and that it needs to shut down.
(I'm running XP.) Does anybody know where the problem may be?

Thank you!

Dave

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 13-Jan-13 08:38 PM
8587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problem with Windows and View NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Be sure you have the latest update of View NX2. The current version is 2.6.0. You'll need the latest version. I recall that some of the earlier versions had problems with certain edit commands (crop and straighten) and that is probably the issue. The update should be pretty straight forward.
https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54310

The other thing to watch is you need to give the software time to finish processing the image. You might try saving before cropping for better performance (and to keep from loosing work while troubleshooting.

Generally the functions you describe work fine and there are no issues. I am using Windows 7, but believe that View works fine with XP as I have used it in the past.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 14-Jan-13 07:38 PM
50843 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Problem with Windows and View NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

As mentioned, try the latest version.

Have you installed all XP Updates ? Do you have cleaned your registry ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9871 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.