Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9870
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX2 slow with compressed raw?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vox Sciurorum Registered since 18th Oct 2007Sun 13-Jan-13 05:38 PM
240 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX2 slow with compressed raw?"

Newton, US

I switched my D800 from uncompressed to compressed raw. I have the subjective impression that saving edited files is much slower than it used to be. Performance of Nikon's tools has always seemed random. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Anybody else notice this?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 14-Jan-13 06:46 PM
50202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX2 slow with compressed raw?"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Just tried it with D700. No difference I think.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 16-Jan-13 12:41 PM
8514 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX2 slow with compressed raw?"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

I have the D800 and have not noticed a difference. Compression should be quite fast - it's rendering a larger JPEG that takes time.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9870 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.