Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9853
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7" Previous topic | Next topic
neil_jo Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Aug 2007Sat 05-Jan-13 12:26 PM
1433 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7"

Brampton, CA

I just switched from Mac back to Windows and always used Transfer to load my D800 NEF's and View sort the keepers rename the folders and so on.Then when ready to edit I could just right click and choose open with NX2, Lightroom or CS6. Now LR + CS6 won't recognize the file, so I thought it was a camera raw issue but it wasn't because I could go back to older NEF'S saved on my external and they would open just fine, so it would seem Transfer or View is some how changing the file enough to make it unrecognizable by Adobe.

Regards

Neil

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sat 05-Jan-13 12:36 PM
14595 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

This issue has been pinned to the top of the D800 forum for some time. Bottom line: don't use the old Nikon Transfer.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=430&topic_id=255&mesg_id=255&page=

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

neil_jo Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Aug 2007Sat 05-Jan-13 06:39 PM
1433 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 05-Jan-13 06:42 PM by neil_jo

Brampton, CA

Thanks Rick I only read the first part of the post about the raw file size difference. I will try Nikon View again and leave Transfer alone.
I spent hours installing and uninstalling CS6 and Lightroom and ACR trying to open my NEF's.

Regards

Neil

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sun 06-Jan-13 01:23 AM
12818 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7"
In response to Reply # 2

San Jose, US

The old Nikon Transfer was replaced with the updated version that is inside Nikon View. This newer version is much better in many ways. Also make sure your ACR in CS6 and Lightroom is the latest one that supports D800 NEFs.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

neil_jo Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Aug 2007Sun 06-Jan-13 12:56 PM
#4. "RE: Nikon View and Transfer problems on Windows 7"
In response to Reply # 3

Brampton, CA

Thanks everything is working great now. I used Transfer and View on my Mac with CS6 and Lightroom and all was fine.

Regards Neil

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9853 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.