Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9782
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
Kountry Road Registered since 29th Dec 2012Sat 29-Dec-12 12:05 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2"
Sat 29-Dec-12 12:05 PM by Kountry Road

Parrish, US

I recently installed Capture NX2 and get a "cannot load ....." error message when attempting to open NEF files shot with my D7000 and D5100. Those files createded with my D80 and the NRW files from my P7000 open with no problem

I am running Windows 7, 64bit.

I know this has got to be a simple fix, but I'm bewildered.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2
nrothschild Silver Member
29th Dec 2012
Kountry Road
29th Dec 2012
29th Dec 2012
Kountry Road
29th Dec 2012
Asgard Administrator
29th Dec 2012
Kountry Road
30th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012
Kountry Road
30th Dec 2012
30th Dec 2012

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Sat 29-Dec-12 01:57 PM
10910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi George,

Welcome to Nikonians!

You likely installed an old copy of Capture that came with an older camera (your D80 or P7000?). You can download an updated copy that supports later cameras from the NikonUSA site.

The later updates also include other important updates and fixes, plus full 64 bit compatibility.

my Nikonians gallery.

Kountry Road Registered since 29th Dec 2012Sat 29-Dec-12 04:12 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Parrish, US

Actually brand new copy purchased from B&H for Christmas. Version 2.2.1. I hadn't thought about checking for updates on the website though. Guess I should check that out.

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Sat 29-Dec-12 04:48 PM
10910 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Current version is 2.3.5. I can't tell you if 2.2.1 supports your cameras but you should get started on the most current version anyway

You will want to UNinstall 2.2.1, then install the 2.3.0 full version, and then apply the 2.3.5 update to 2.3.0.

my Nikonians gallery.

Kountry Road Registered since 29th Dec 2012Sat 29-Dec-12 07:39 PM
#4. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 3

Parrish, US

Knowing that nothing is ever "free", it appears that I can download 2.3 to update my 2.2. Is this free? If so problem solved, if not, I've got an issue with B&H for selling outdated software.

I appreciate all your help.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 29-Dec-12 08:35 PM
50884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

East Frisia, DE

Updates are free

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Kountry Road Registered since 29th Dec 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 01:48 AM
#7. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 5

Parrish, US

Thank you for your help

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Sun 30-Dec-12 12:23 AM
#6. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 4
Sun 30-Dec-12 02:43 AM by nrothschild

US

As Gerold suggests, Nikon charged for the V2 update to the original Capture NX (v1). They have not charged for any "point release" updates since then, so I guess we have received three "point releases" now without additional charge.

Apparently they will only charge for a major release, such as a future "Capture NX3" update, but that is up to them of course, to maintain that trend.

my Nikonians gallery.

Kountry Road Registered since 29th Dec 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 09:59 AM
#8. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

Parrish, US

This morning I downloaded both 2.3.0 and after it installed, 2.3.5 and everything is performing as intended and as I expected. I thank you for your help is resolving my issue. As a side note, I received an e-mail response from Nikon Technical support this morning, about 24 hours behind yours.

Thanks again.

nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Nikonian since 25th Jul 2004Sun 30-Dec-12 10:18 AM
#9. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Good to hear. Have a happy new year!

my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9782 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.