Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9781
View in linear mode

Subject: "Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Co..." Previous topic | Next topic
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Sat 29-Dec-12 05:25 AM
1756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
Sat 29-Dec-12 05:42 AM by Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US

So far things have been fine until today.

Loading files from Badwater/Artists Pallet shoot and the faders (sliders) are greyed out as if editing JPEGs.

Camera settings also gone.

I turned off the auto distortion control in the camera and will see if that caused the glitch.

Anyone else have this issue?

The video stuff looks grand BTW, fader ND and histogram in live view had very good results.

Went back to earlier shots from October in Tioga Pass, everything opens fine in CNX2 and CS5. Basic controls missing as noted in CNX2 and CS5 does not recognize NEF's from today.

Is it possible I've set something inadvertently in the D800 to cause this?

Thanks,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message (Solved) Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp a...
Robman3
31st Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Len...
Robman3
03rd Jan 2013
fmrnykr Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
davidd1833 Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
Robman3
05th Jan 2013

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Mon 31-Dec-12 05:09 AM
1756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "(Solved) Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
In response to Reply # 0

West of Santa Monica, US

I checked in Metadata, settings somehow reverted during menu review to 12 bit RAW and that precludes using the Camera settings tab, and other settings in CNX2. Treats the RAW file as a JPEG, news to me.

Good thing so far, the images are pretty incredible for acuity, sharpness regardless.

We have another two days here, to catch up.

RM

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Thu 03-Jan-13 07:07 AM
#2. "RE: Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
In response to Reply # 0

West of Santa Monica, US

I believe the cure is to NOT open Nikon Transfer free standing, but to open from the menu in CNX2.

Checking the cards, all of the data is 14 bit, the files saved via Transfer are all 12 bit.

I removed the files loaded while in Death Valley and the back up safe copies, now reloading from CNX2/Transfer button.

I recall early on a thread and Nikon advising to use this protocol for the D800.

Cool enough, time to get back to work.

FYI to anyone following along.

Rob

fmrnykr Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Mar 2010Fri 04-Jan-13 05:42 AM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
In response to Reply # 2

Oakland, US

Rob,

I have, even though I don't have a D800. I like to learn from the posts on the various threads.

I like the fact that I can launch Nikon Transfer from CNX-2.
didn't know that.

Glad you got it figured out.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob White
San Francisco Bay Area (BWO Brooklyn, N.Y.)

Don't push the river, just let it flow.

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/314628/cat/500

davidd1833 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Fri 04-Jan-13 08:21 PM
424 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
In response to Reply # 3

Sydney, AU

Is this the issue you were having?

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=430&topic_id=255&mesg_id=255&page=

David

My Gallery

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Sat 05-Jan-13 07:52 AM
#5. "RE: Imported D800 NEF's absent (greyed) EX Comp and Lens Correction"
In response to Reply # 4
Sat 05-Jan-13 07:58 AM by Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US

Thanks David,

I was churning in the hotel room, and simply forgot this thread existed, it came to me on New Years day.

Since I could open all files at 14 bit from the card, the memory finally kicked in.

Part of the problem is I've been cutting a DVD concert since May, and have had little time for fielding the D800 until the DVD release just before Mithra's birthday. (December 25th and a pleasant topically correct JOKE).

Delivered the project on the 7th.

Gracias all!

Rob

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9781 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.