Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9766
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with processing D4 images" Previous topic | Next topic
mbarrett635 Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2007Sun 23-Dec-12 06:19 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Problem with processing D4 images"

Harrisburg, US

I'm using the latest NX2 version 2.3.5, but I'm having a problem with my D4 files. I can open and manipulate them in NX2 (adjust, crop, etc.), but when I try to save the adjusted RAW files I get an error message - "Alert (7) - Cannot save file". I also can't batch process them (to add sharpening, for example). However, if I adjust them individually, I can save them as JPG files (haven't tried TIFF, as I don't regularly use that).

Has anyone else had problems like this? I also am having problems with CS5 -- I can't even open the files, it says that the file appears to be from a camera model that isn't supported by Camera Raw, although I also have the latest version of that installed. I use Capture NX2 as my primary post processing program, but the problem with CS5 is an issue I will need to address as well. I'm not having any problems processing the NEF files from my D3s.

My D4 is currently on its way back to Nikon (Melville) for a focusing problem -- is this also something they should be looking at, or is there just ('just' - ha!) a software issue on my end? I recently updated to Win8, if that has any impact on any of this. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike B.

D4, D3s, D700 w/MB-D10,
14-24 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye, 24-70 f/2.8, 28-200 f/3.5-5.6, 50 f/1.4D, 70-200VR, 85 f/1.4D, 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro, 200 f/2 VR, 300 f/2.8 VR, 400 f/2.8 VRII

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 23-Dec-12 09:02 PM
8520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Problem with processing D4 images"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Mike

Have you tried editing or converting using View NX2? If View works, it would isolate the issue to Capture and not the camera.

I'm not having any problems with files from the D800E, D600 or V1. D4 files should not be a problem.

Try a single edit step and then saving. Just process one image at a time. See if it is a specific step causing the error.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9766 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.