nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
atorphoto

Silver Spring, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
atorphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2008
Sun 16-Dec-12 09:07 PM

Happened once or twice before and I ignored. Running NX 2 vers 2.3.1 (although I updated last year and currently shows no updates available).
When it opens the top folder, named 5L4WUKDT (not one of mine), has 5 images 5 starting w/cbk (cbkCA29E4LR.jpg, cbk.jpg, cbkCA23TEST.jpg, etc.). 1 is a shot of the Place Contrescarpe in Paris that appears to be shot from a 1st (U.S. 2d) floor window over the Cafe Delmas; one is of an urban street in the U.S. with a sign advertising "The Eden" condos or apartments--looks to me like Baltimore or Washington. When in Paris I'm often at the Cafe Delmas but I've never been upstairs. I live in Maryland.

Right clicking the NX2 icon tells me "The folder C:\Users\Lloyd\App.Data\Local\Temp\nsiBA42.tmp is not valid."

My security software is fully active and I've noticed no problems with anything on the PC. NX 2 seems to work just fine.

I'm a bit weirded out by this and I've asked Nikon support, but wondered if anyone here has experienced a similar phenomenon.
Attached is a resized copy of one of the images.

At the moment, I plan to remove the program, reinstall, and upgrade to the current version.

Any thoughts?

Lloyd

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stranger's files/folder on opening NX 2