nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
atorphoto

Silver Spring, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
atorphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2008
Sun 16-Dec-12 09:07 PM

Happened once or twice before and I ignored. Running NX 2 vers 2.3.1 (although I updated last year and currently shows no updates available).
When it opens the top folder, named 5L4WUKDT (not one of mine), has 5 images 5 starting w/cbk (cbkCA29E4LR.jpg, cbk.jpg, cbkCA23TEST.jpg, etc.). 1 is a shot of the Place Contrescarpe in Paris that appears to be shot from a 1st (U.S. 2d) floor window over the Cafe Delmas; one is of an urban street in the U.S. with a sign advertising "The Eden" condos or apartments--looks to me like Baltimore or Washington. When in Paris I'm often at the Cafe Delmas but I've never been upstairs. I live in Maryland.

Right clicking the NX2 icon tells me "The folder C:\Users\Lloyd\App.Data\Local\Temp\nsiBA42.tmp is not valid."

My security software is fully active and I've noticed no problems with anything on the PC. NX 2 seems to work just fine.

I'm a bit weirded out by this and I've asked Nikon support, but wondered if anyone here has experienced a similar phenomenon.
Attached is a resized copy of one of the images.

At the moment, I plan to remove the program, reinstall, and upgrade to the current version.

Any thoughts?

Lloyd

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stranger's files/folder on opening NX 2