Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9714
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
fernandomga Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2012Mon 10-Dec-12 09:05 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2"

Geneva, CH

I´d like an explanation on why Capture NX2, version 2.6.0 can´t open any kind of file, jpg or raw, fron any kind of camera (Nikon P500, Nikon D600, Canon G11). Version 2.0.0 meanwhile works perfectly.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2
walkerr Administrator
10th Dec 2012
gearsau Silver Member
11th Dec 2012
capttms
17th Dec 2012
gpoole Platinum Member
17th Dec 2012
capttms
17th Dec 2012
robsb Platinum Member
17th Dec 2012
capttms
18th Dec 2012
gpoole Platinum Member
18th Dec 2012
Renaissance Man Gold Member
12th Jan 2013

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Mon 10-Dec-12 09:16 PM
14549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

The current version of Capture NX2 is 2.3.5. Do you mean ViewNX2? What operating system are you using, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit if you're using Windows?

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

gearsau Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Sep 2004Tue 11-Dec-12 06:19 AM
945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 1

Nerang, AU

Rick..

Yes, Nikon View is 2.6.0

Nikon Capture NX2 is 2.3.5.

Regards ............Peter

capttms Registered since 06th Feb 2011Mon 17-Dec-12 12:44 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 2

US

I'm new to Nikonians and have a D-90 about 2 years old. I've finally started to take raw format (NEF) photos and my version 2.0 of Capture NX won't let me open it. I've tried to download the latest updates to Capture NX2 but am unable to.

Questions: how can I download the latest version and why won't 2.0 open the files. Lastly, are there software updates to the D-90?

Thanks!

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Mon 17-Dec-12 01:27 AM
3671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 3

Farmington Hills, US

The latest version 2.3.5 is an update to 2.3.0. Version 2.3.0 is a full version. You must first install 2.3.0 and then install the 2.3.5 update

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

capttms Registered since 06th Feb 2011Mon 17-Dec-12 01:20 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thank you. I'll try it. I have a Windows Vista computer with 64 bit processor.

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 17-Dec-12 07:09 PM
12736 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 3

San Jose, US

D you have Capture NX or Cazpture NX2? they are not the same programs. If NX2 you can easily upgrade to the latest vesions on line by first downloading the full version and then the updare.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

capttms Registered since 06th Feb 2011Tue 18-Dec-12 02:21 AM
#7. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 6

US

>D you have Capture NX or Cazpture NX2? they are not the same
>programs. If NX2 you can easily upgrade to the latest vesions
>on line by first downloading the full version and then the
>updare.

I have Capture NX2. Since I have version 2.0 loaded in my pc, why do I have to download the full version? Do I have to sequentially download each update? Thanks for your help.

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Tue 18-Dec-12 02:45 AM
3671 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 7

Farmington Hills, US

No you don't have to sequentially load each update.

You only need to load the latest full version then the latest update. Currently those are Full 2.3.0 and Update 2.3.5

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Renaissance Man Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2009Sat 12-Jan-13 02:03 AM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Capture NX2"
In response to Reply # 7

Laurel, US

>I have Capture NX2. Since I have version 2.0 loaded in my pc,
>why do I have to download the full version? Do I have to
>sequentially download each update? Thanks for your help.

I think that Capture NX2 2.0.0 through 2.2.8 are 32-bit applications.
Capture NX2 2.3.0 and on are native 64-bit applications. This would be the reason that you would need to download the full version of Capture NX2 to update from a version earlier than 2.3.0.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9714 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.