Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9690
View in linear mode

Subject: "Apple mac & Nikon" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 30-Nov-12 10:09 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Apple mac & Nikon"

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Im competely green on Apple Mac but have been considering one to use solely for photograpy and know of one (not sure of model yet)going cheap because the owner bought it but cannot hack it and is returning to Windows. I think the machine has the latest verion of Snow Leapord whatever that is.

I am happy to learn a new system but would I have to buy the Mac version of Capture NX2 etc or would I be able to reinstall from present licensed Windows version.

Would I need anything else with just photography in mind.
I have Win 7 64 bit, NX2 latest version,Photo Mechanic, D700/200.
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sat 01-Dec-12 12:59 AM
794 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Apple mac & Nikon"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Not being a Mac user either, the only input that comes to mind is that when I download software the download page has downloads specifically for Windows or Mac. So, I suppose that you would have to download the Mac version. The installer, and I'm sure, many other aspects of the application are custom for the Mac machine and operating system. Question would be, would the activation code you have for the Windows version work with the Mac version? You will probably have to work with the customer service people to transfer you activation code.

Snow Leopard is a Apple operating system. Same as Windows Pro or Windows Home, etc.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Nikonian since 05th May 2002Sat 01-Dec-12 01:09 AM
14543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Apple mac & Nikon"
In response to Reply # 0

Colorado Springs, US

The license code for NX2 is cross-platform; it will work with either the Windows or Mac version of the software.

Rick Walker

My photos:
GeoVista Photography

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Sat 01-Dec-12 12:21 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Apple mac & Nikon"
In response to Reply # 2

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks for replies.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9690 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.