Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9670
View in linear mode

Subject: "ViewNX2 and raw files." Previous topic | Next topic
ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Mon 26-Nov-12 03:06 PM
196 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ViewNX2 and raw files."
Mon 26-Nov-12 03:06 PM by ctdrummer

Southern CT, US

Recently, I have been having a new issue with ViewNX2 v2.6. I tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling, but no change. When I make any adjustments to an NEF file, the image is corrupted. See attachment.
Any ideas?

Visit My Nikonians Gallery.

Visit My web page.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: ViewNX2 and raw files.
James23p Moderator
27th Nov 2012
ctdrummer Silver Member
27th Nov 2012
Asgard Administrator
27th Nov 2012
ctdrummer Silver Member
27th Nov 2012
ctdrummer Silver Member
05th Dec 2012
ericbowles Moderator
05th Dec 2012
ctdrummer Silver Member
05th Dec 2012

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 27-Nov-12 02:02 PM
9748 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 27-Nov-12 02:15 PM by James23p

Memphis, US

Wow thats different, is it just this image or all your photos? I use ViewNX2 ver 2.6 and haven't run across this problem. If it's just this image then I would say it's the image, if it's all your images then it could be the software. Did you have your virus protection off Nikon recommends it be turned off during installation.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Tue 27-Nov-12 08:24 PM
196 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 1

Southern CT, US

It appears now that only a set (4 or 5) of raw images taken from the same shoot are behaving this way. I will try to re-uploading them from the card, maybe they were corrupted somehow.

Thanks!

Visit My web page.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 27-Nov-12 08:31 PM
51763 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Do you use a card-reader ?

Maybe that was the reason.

Please try again

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Tue 27-Nov-12 11:49 PM
#4. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 3

Southern CT, US

I do when I'm not lazy. I did not in this case.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Patrick

Visit My web page.

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Wed 05-Dec-12 12:59 PM
#5. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 3

Southern CT, US

Just an update on this, you were correct, when I used a card reader, the file transferred without corruption. This was one of the few times I did not use the card reader!

Thanks for the help

Patrick

Visit My web page.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 05-Dec-12 09:14 PM
8788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Interesting

I had the same kind of corrupt file a month ago for a D600 image. I've attached the screenshot. My corruption came after saving an edit made in View.

I tried reprocessing the file with other edits, restoring to original, and opening the file and saving in Photo Mechanic. Nothing worked.

Like you, my file was restored from the card.

I reported the issue to Nikon and was told they were referring it to the technical team for research and a potential future fix.
My case number was 121104-000583 handled by Melissa.

Please file a report with Nikon and cross reference my case.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Wed 05-Dec-12 11:02 PM
#7. "RE: ViewNX2 and raw files."
In response to Reply # 6

Southern CT, US

Thanks Eric, I'll submit a report and cross reference your ticket number.

Visit My web page.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9670 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.