Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9659
View in linear mode

Subject: "Windows 8 Nik/Nikon software compatibility" Previous topic | Next topic
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Thu 22-Nov-12 10:19 PM
3397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Windows 8 Nik/Nikon software compatibility"

Dyserth, GB

I have scoured the forums to see if a post in Nikon Rumours a few days ago has been mentioned, but couldn't find anything. If I've missed it sorry, but this is the link:
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/11/19/read-this-before-you-upgrade-to-windows-8.aspx/#more-48760

It affects me, should I change to Windows 8 as I upgraded from Capture NX to Capture NX2 and NX will no longer be guaranteed compatible. Eventually it looks like I'll have to buy a new copy of NX2. That is of course that the new owners of Nik keep it in their product line.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 23-Nov-12 12:56 PM
5962 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Windows 8 Nik/Nikon software compatibility"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Richard,

CNX is not a Nik product and so not subject to the sale of Nik to Google.

CNX is a Nikon product sold and distributed by Nikon.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Fri 23-Nov-12 03:43 PM
511 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Windows 8 Nik/Nikon software compatibility"
In response to Reply # 0

Maple Ridge, CA

I've heard that Windows 8 still has a compatibility mode like Windows 7 has. I have used this in Windows 7 to set up programs that are not compatible, it is quite simple you right click the icon, select the properties item and then select the mode that your program last ran in. If it's like Windows 7 there will be modes all the way back to Win95.

Happy shooting,

Howard

Will shoot for fame...fun...food... a heck I'll shoot anytime anywhere.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9659 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.