Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9619
View in linear mode

Subject: "CNX2 really acting wonky now" Previous topic | Next topic
four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Sat 10-Nov-12 02:47 PM
1574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CNX2 really acting wonky now"

US

Weird things are happening now.

I want to simply resize a group of JPEGs. Opened one up, resized it, then Saved the Adjustment.

Highlighted the other JPEGS, opened the Batch Process to Load Adjustments.

CNX2 did not resize ANY of the images,.......... and it created a .NEF copy to boot!

Did I get a version of CNX2 that was scripted on an ancient Indian burial ground or what?

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Sat 10-Nov-12 03:21 PM
6066 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CNX2 really acting wonky now"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

In your batch process window, be sure you select the correct options:

Check the "Apply Settings" box and select the Correct Settings File
Make sure the File Format is set to JPG and you have select the desired compression under Advanced.

Define the destination and if you select Source Folder, be sure you want to overwrite the existing file.

This process works fine for me on a Win 7 64 bit installation.

What OS are you running?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Sat 10-Nov-12 03:46 PM
1574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CNX2 really acting wonky now"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>In your batch process window, be sure you select the correct
>options:
>
>Check the "Apply Settings" box and select the
>Correct Settings File
>Make sure the File Format is set to JPG and you have select
>the desired compression under Advanced.
>
>Define the destination and if you select Source Folder, be
>sure you want to overwrite the existing file.
>
>This process works fine for me on a Win 7 64 bit
>installation.
>
>What OS are you running?
>

You are using Batch > Run Batch Process. That is now what I'm doing. I'm Saving Adjustments, then Loading Adjustments to other images.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 23-Nov-12 11:57 AM
3812 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CNX2 really acting wonky now"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

I think if you save an adjustment, whether NEF, nef or jpg, it's saved as .nef (jpg or nef) or NEF if it's an NEF to start with. Adjustments are made as NEF or nef files to be reversible and retrievable. You would have to Save as... jpg to convert the nef to jpg.

That said you indicate that it didn't even apply the adjustment. Don't know what happened there.

John

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9619 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.