Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9585
View in linear mode

Subject: "Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8" Previous topic | Next topic
phlpyro Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007Tue 06-Nov-12 08:49 PM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
Tue 06-Nov-12 08:50 PM by phlpyro

Harrow, GB

Hi fellow Nikonians

I have a D800 and want to use Camea Control Pro 2 software as I have done with my D300 on a Windows 7 machine but have struck problems.
Have any of you had any luck using the Camera Control Pro 2 software on a Windows 8 machine (just purchased new laptop)?
The only help Nikon Europe support can give is as yet they dont know if Camera Control will work on Windows 8. They suggested I try installing the trial version and updating it to version 2.12. This I did although the update appeared to load ok when viewing about Camera Control the version is still 2.8 and does not see my D800.
Any help welcome.

Paul Lunnon (uk)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8
JonK Moderator
07th Nov 2012
kennoll Gold Member
07th Nov 2012
JonK Moderator
07th Nov 2012
phlpyro Gold Member
07th Nov 2012
dslater Silver Member
08th Nov 2012
phlpyro Gold Member
08th Nov 2012

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 07-Nov-12 02:05 AM
4683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

CCP probably needs an upgrade to work with WIndows 8. That's frequently the case with lots of software when system software changes. The big question is how long it might take Nikon to make the fix.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Wed 07-Nov-12 02:28 AM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 07-Nov-12 02:30 AM by kennoll

Seattle, US

AS a matter of fact I just built my HP laptop with Win 8 to test VNX2, CNX2, LR4, PSE10, and Capture Control Pro 2. So far I tested VNX2, CNX2, LR4, and CCPro2. All worked OK. I didn't do a deep, try-every-option type of test just the basics that I usually use.

I just re-read your post. I have a D300s so Jon is probably right in that CCP hasn't been updated yet for the D800.

My laptop is a two year old an HP dv4t, non-touch screen. Win 8 was an upgrade to an old drive that came with the laptop that had Vista on it.

My personal opinion is that with Win 8 only the human-machine interface has been highly modified to accommodate touch screen devices while the "guts" are still Win 7 or close to it. I think Microsoft is also trying to let go of trying to support older software as well. Example of that is that Visio 2003 is not compatible.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Wed 07-Nov-12 02:31 AM
4683 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 2

New York, US

Actually I think I read that CPP had been updated for the D800. I haven't tried it yet.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

phlpyro Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007Wed 07-Nov-12 08:29 AM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 3

Harrow, GB

Many thanks for your help, yes CPP2 has been updated to 2.12 to include the D800. But CCP2 version 2.12 wont update CCP2 2.8 under Windows 8.

Paul

dslater Silver Member Charter MemberThu 08-Nov-12 07:41 PM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 4

Hollis, US

Maybe 2.12 can't update 2.8 directly anyway. Are you sure there's not an intermediate version between 2.8 & 2.12 you have to upgrade to first?

If that's not the case, then Windows 8 probably will allow you to run the CPP2 2.12 setup.exe in Windows 7 compatibility mode - although I don't know how you do this on Windows 8.
On Windows 7, you right-click on your executable in explorer and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
It's also possible you need to run the setup program with administrative privileges. Again, on Windows 7, this is a right-click pick on the executable itself. Not sure what you have to do in Windows 8.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

phlpyro Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2007Thu 08-Nov-12 09:02 PM
#6. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to Reply # 5

Harrow, GB

There are two updates listed for CCP2 02.08 they are 02.11 & 02.12 both have been installed but still my version shows 02.08. Reported back to Nikon Europe no response as yet.

Paul H Lunnon

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9585 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.