nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Caledonia Bob

Caledonia ON, CA
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Caledonia Bob Registered since 10th Dec 2011
Sun 04-Nov-12 06:15 PM

I recently downloaded a trial of Color Efex Pro 3 for NX2 and when it expired and I wasn't prompted to buy the full version I went to the Nik site and saw that there was now a Version 4...but only for Photoshop, Aperture and Lightroom. Curious, I thought as I believed that Nik was Nikon's software arm.

To make matters worse, the NX compatible Version 3 was no longer available.

Then as I discovered the Google purchase of Nik, I started to panic. Like many others I've come to appreciate NX2's features. I've also been glad that I didn't have to cope with the storied complexity of Photoshop or the frustrating inadequacies of most other programs.

Now it looks as if NX is to be made an orphan because Nik has announced that as CEP 4 apparently works on a totally different platform that is incompatible with NX... Nik has no plans to offer an NX plug-in. Ever. or as Nik put it, it was leaving it up to Nikon to determine their own direction...whatever that means.

So now I'm looking to find out what the general consensus is as to which remaining RAW processor would most closely offer what I've come to achieve in NX.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Future of NX 2 and the best raft to jump to

G