Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9526
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released" Previous topic | Next topic
gerphil Silver Member Charter MemberTue 30-Oct-12 11:14 AM
166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"

Haarlem, NL

Apparently to cater for the Nikon 1 V2, Nikon today released new updates for Capture NX2 and View NX.

Apparently no developments concerning solving the bug of those annoying pop-ups concerning the disk for temporary files being full. So for me its staying with 2.2.8 ... unless I get better news from Nikon or you guys.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released
gkaiseril Gold Member
30th Oct 2012
ericbowles Moderator
31st Oct 2012
Asgard Administrator
31st Oct 2012
cliddell Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
odenthal Silver Member
02nd Nov 2012
ericbowles Moderator
02nd Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
02nd Nov 2012
Asgard Administrator
02nd Nov 2012
briantilley Moderator
03rd Nov 2012
ericbowles Moderator
03rd Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released and avai...
mklass Platinum Member
02nd Nov 2012
Robp Gold Member
02nd Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
02nd Nov 2012
robsb Platinum Member
03rd Nov 2012
jaymc Silver Member
03rd Nov 2012
Robp Gold Member
03rd Nov 2012
jaymc Silver Member
03rd Nov 2012
glxman Silver Member
03rd Nov 2012

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 30-Oct-12 01:57 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 30-Oct-12 02:00 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

You can download the updates from your regional Nikon sites and the section for Service and Support.

All regional sites can be accessed from Nikon.com and accessing your region, country, products.

For the U.S. Current versions of Nikon Software

Nikon View NX2 2.6 has not been posted to the U.S. site as of this posting.

Nikon View NX2 version 2.5.0:

Modifications enabled with version 2.5.0 :

Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh verisons

•Support for the Nikon1 J2 has been added.
•Support for the P7700, S01, S800c, and L610 has been added.
•When images are transferred from a mass storage device with multiple media inserted with Disconnect automatically after transfer in the Nikon Transfer 2 Preferences panel checked, all recognized media are automatically disconnected after transfer.
•Support for distortion control data Ver. 1.006 has been added.
•When RAW images captured with a Nikon digital-SLR camera incorporating distortion control data Ver. 1006 ( D90, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D7000, D4, D800, D800E ) and the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G were opened in ViewNX 2, an error message was displayed and the images could not be edited. This issue has been resolved.
•Files and albums stored on my Picturetown can now be downloaded via ViewNX 2 as follows. However, files from Albums Shared with Me cannot be downloaded.

•Select an album in the my Picturetown panel and click the download button.
•Select an album in the my Picturetown panel and then choose Web Service > my Picturetown > Download Album... from the File menu.
•Select an album in the my Picturetown panel and drag images and movies displayed in the image view area to the folder tree.
•Facebook has been added to default Web Service options on the toolbar.
•The speed at which NEF and NRW files are displayed in Nikon Movie Editor has been increased.
•The project name is now displayed in the Nikon Movie Editor title bar.
•Two new options, 960 x 540 and 854 x 480, have been added to those available in the Size: pulldown menu in the Create movie dialog.
•A black band is no longer displayed above and below NEF and NRW files displayed in Nikon Movie Editor.
•When images are transferred from a mass storage device with multiple media inserted with Disconnect automatically after transfer in the Nikon Transfer 2 Preferences panel checked, all recognized media are automatically disconnected after transfer.

Additional modifications to the Windows version

•Support for Google Earth has been eliminated.
•The following issues that occurred with selection of movie files in Image Viewer mode have been resolved.

•When attempting to delete a folder from the folder tree in the Browser palette, an error message was displayed and while files inside the folder were deleted, the folder itself was not.
•When attempting to change the name of a folder in the folder tree in the Browser palette, an error message was displayed and the folder name could not be changed.
•When ViewNX 2 was launched, some online storage services were automatically accessed and a log-in dialog was displayed. This issue has been resolved.
•An issue that sometimes caused some XMP files to be displayed in the Thumbnail List has been resolved
•An issue that caused display of components such as the menu bar to be very small when monitors were set to 144 dpi has been resolved.
•Image display quality when sizes larger than Larger were selected for Thumbnail Size in the View menu has been increased.
•When images are transferred using Nikon Transfer 2 with a shared folder specified as the Primary destination folder in the Primary Destination panel and the Backup destination folder in the Backup Destination panel, sharing settings will now be applied to the transferred files.
•The font name is now always displayed in Nikon Movie Editor's Text Setting dialog.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version

•The amount of time required to change the names of multiple files at once using the Rename... option in the File menu has been reduced.
Modifications enabled with version 2.3.2:

•When printing images with Print As: in the Printer Setup dialog set to Full Page and the Print Information box checked, images were printed with excessive margins, regardless of the options selected for printing in the Advanced Print Information Settings dialog. This issue has been resolved.

Nikon ViewNX 2.5.1 Windows Only:

•An issue that caused horizontal lines to appear in images printed at paper sizes of A3+ (329 x 483 mm) or larger without margins has been resolved.

Nikon Capture NX2 version 2.3.4:

Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions

•Support for RAW images captured with the D600, P7700, and Nikon 1 J2 has been added.
•A Better Quality 2012 option has been added to Noise Reduciton in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop Section in the Edit List palette.

Additional modifications that apply to the Windows version:

•When images captured with the camera's Auto Distortion control function enabled were opened, Capture NX 2 sometimes quit unexpectedly. This issue has been resolved.

Additional modifications that apply to the Macintosh version:

•Support for Mac OS X 10.5 has been eliminated.

Nikon Camera Control Pro - 2.12.0 update:

Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions

•Support for the D600 has been added.
•The D2X, D2XS, D2H, D2HS, D200, D100, D80, D70, D70S, D50, D40X, and D40 are no longer supported.

Additional modifications to the Windows version

•Reverse indicators options have been added to the General tab in the Options dialog (Tools menu>Options...), allowing users to reverse indicator display.

Additional modifications to the Macintosh version

•PowerPC models are no longer supported.
•Reverse indicators options have been added to the General tab in the Preferences dialog (Camera Control Pro 2 menu>Preferences...), allowing users to reverse indicator display.
•When the computer entered sleep mode with a camera connected and Camera Control Pro 2 running, camera connection was sometimes not recognized when the computer recovered from sleep mode. This issue has been resolved.

I would also check for firmware updates for your cameras at this time.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Wed 31-Oct-12 05:05 PM
8523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 1

Atlanta, US

Nikon Rumors posted a message on Facebook that an antivirus program generated a warning of a trojan with the View NX2 update. It's probably just a false alarm but I'm going to give this one a couple of days before updating.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops - Smokies Oct 2012

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 31-Oct-12 05:12 PM
50296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed 31-Oct-12 05:16 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

At our german site we have already a discussion about it.

Several members have this problem.

The problem is the file "Zelkova7.dll".

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 01:36 PM
994 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 02-Nov-12 01:38 PM by cliddell

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Gerold,
Is the file "Zelkova7.dll" corrupted? This file is one of the files listed at the end of the ViewNX2 readme file so the name is legitimate?

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

odenthal Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 02:17 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 4

Solingen, DE

Hi Clive,

According to VirusTotal 5 of 43 virus scanners report that Zelkova7.dll is a variant of the trojan Hiloti. I opened a call with Nikon support and they told me, that they didn't know about any problem with ViewNX 2.6.0 . So it were a problem with my virus scanner F-Secure and I should contact F-Secure. I don't know how carefull they checked the problem.

Wolfgang

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 02-Nov-12 05:06 PM
8523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 5

Atlanta, US

My experience with Nikon's support is that they are generally not a reliable source of information on software.

We should get some feedback on here shortly. Mick - looks like you're a good guinea pig.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 05:10 PM
5868 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 7

Tacoma, US

It's always good to know your place in the world!

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 02-Nov-12 06:07 PM
50296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 4

East Frisia, DE

Basically I think it is all Ok, but some anti-virus software support that there is trojan.

I have installed it with no problems.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sat 03-Nov-12 08:16 PM
28756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 9

Paignton, GB

>I have installed it with no problems.

Same here - I downloaded View NX 2.6 from Nikon UK and installed it successfully today

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 03-Nov-12 06:05 PM
#14. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

I've been using both View NX2 2.6 and Capture NX2 2.3.5 for about 24 hours on a Windows 7 64 bit system. No issues at all to report. I did a complete scan with Norton and it did not report any issues.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 03:54 PM
5868 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released and available on Nikon USA site"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

These 2 updates are now available on the Nikon USA site: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

I was able to successfully install the 32 bit version of VNX2 on a company computer. I'll try the 64 bit versions of both on my own machines later today.

Mick
or

Robp Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2009Fri 02-Nov-12 07:51 PM
951 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released and available on Nikon USA site"
In response to Reply # 6

Gainesville, US

I've installed these latest versions of ViewNX 2 and Capture NX 2 from Nikon USA on my Apple computers and don't see any problems with them. Nikon did not update their US site until today, so I guess they got things fixed.

Rob Puller
My Nikonians gallery

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 09:22 PM
#11. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released and available on Nikon USA site"
In response to Reply # 10

Tacoma, US

I installed both on a Win7 64-bit machine. So far, they work just as well as the prior versions, no better, no worse.

Mick
or

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Sat 03-Nov-12 06:41 PM
12592 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#15. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released and available on Nikon USA site"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

Both work fine on my 64 bit win 7 installation.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

jaymc Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Sep 2006Sat 03-Nov-12 06:04 AM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Orchard, US

Just picked up a brand new 13" MacBook Pro with OS X 10.8.2, hopefully this update will be compatible?

Robp Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2009Sat 03-Nov-12 07:30 PM
951 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 12

Gainesville, US

Should be fine; works great on my 15" MacBook Pro and 27" iMac, both with 10.8.2.

Rob Puller
My Nikonians gallery

jaymc Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Sep 2006Sat 03-Nov-12 10:41 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 16

Port Orchard, US

Installed NX2 v2.3.5 and no problems yet. Thanks.

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Sat 03-Nov-12 09:23 AM
2944 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Capture NX2 2.3.5 and View NX 2.6 released"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Nov-12 09:24 AM by glxman

South Australia, AU

ViewNX2 2.6.0 all good here!
Fingers crossed
CNX2 2.3.5 OK as well
Regards,
Gary

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9526 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.