Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9498
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 Problem" Previous topic | Next topic
kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Tue 23-Oct-12 11:06 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 Problem"

New Haven, US

I keep getting the message ...it has encountered a problem and needs to close.It worked for a month,any ideas?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NX2 Problem
mklass Platinum Member
25th Oct 2012
kkeesy Silver Member
25th Oct 2012
Asgard Administrator
25th Oct 2012
kkeesy Silver Member
26th Oct 2012
mklass Platinum Member
26th Oct 2012
kayautho Silver Member
26th Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member
26th Nov 2012
kayautho Silver Member
26th Nov 2012
oz90
28th Nov 2012
fmrnykr Silver Member
29th Nov 2012

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 25-Oct-12 04:05 PM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

My solution is to simply reinstall the latest update or version right over the existing installation. 9 times out of 10 that "refresh" fixes the problem.

Have you installed any other software lately or made any changes to your system?

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Thu 25-Oct-12 07:11 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 1

New Haven, US

Thanks,I have re-installed it twice with no luck.I think it might be a problem with Western Digital.I am waiting for an answer now.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 25-Oct-12 08:32 PM
51421 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Are you on a PC/Windows or a Mac ?

Which version do you use ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Fri 26-Oct-12 01:01 AM
#4. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 3

New Haven, US

PC Windows XP Pro It is the latest version.I installed it on another of my computers,with the same setup and it works fine.I'm finding other problems now.System restore won't work either.Maybe a virus.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 26-Oct-12 01:40 AM
6011 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Tacoma, US

Funny, my Windows PC (Win 7) decided to #### out today. Maybe this is Microsoft's way of forcing us to get Windows 8. Windows can't fix itself and system restore is taking forever.

I really should just bite the bullet and switch to a Mac.

Mick
or

kayautho Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2011Mon 26-Nov-12 01:11 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Boynton Beach, US

>Funny, my Windows PC (Win 7) decided to #### out today. Maybe
>this is Microsoft's way of forcing us to get Windows 8.
>Windows can't fix itself and system restore is taking forever.
>
>
>I really should just bite the bullet and switch to a Mac.
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

You might try chksdk.

Windows 7:
1 Open the "Computer" window
2 Right-click on the drive in question
3 Properties
4 Select the "Tools" tab
5 In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Mon 26-Nov-12 01:46 PM
#8. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 6

Tacoma, US

When Windows won't even open, that doesn't help. I did try it from the boot prompt, but the issue wasn't with the disk. It must have bee some corrupt Windows files that needed to be reinstalled.

While better that some previous versions, Windows 7 is still far from bulletproof. It's why I would never by a Windows phone, and certainly never a Windows car!

Mick
or

kayautho Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2011Mon 26-Nov-12 01:18 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Boynton Beach, US

You can try "chkdsk". See my reply to post 5 for instructions.

oz90 Registered since 01st Sep 2012Wed 28-Nov-12 10:55 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 0

HK

I had similar problem after installing the ViewNX from the disc came with the D600 box. Then I called Nikon service for help and was asked to download the latest ViewNX version from Nikon website, and problem solved with that downloaded version. Hope this helps!

fmrnykr Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Mar 2010Thu 29-Nov-12 06:09 AM
179 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: NX2 Problem"
In response to Reply # 9

Oakland, US

I'm currently using XP and when I have problems with CNX-2, I uninstall the program, download a copy of Nikon Regsweep, run Regsweep, then do a reinstall from the web.

That normally solves the problem.

I understand that none of this works if your computer's not working.

HTH,

Bob

Bob White
San Francisco Bay Area (BWO Brooklyn, N.Y.)

Don't push the river, let it flow.

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/314628/cat/500

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9498 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.