Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9496
View in linear mode

Subject: "NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive" Previous topic | Next topic
kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Thu 25-Oct-12 02:43 AM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive"

New Haven, US

I have the latest version.I have two WDigital 3TB hard drives.They show up in the left side of View but I can't find the pictures.Works fine on the C drive.Also no problem using CS5 Bridge.Any ideas? Nikon said to reinstall,now difference.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 25-Oct-12 10:49 AM
34611 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 25-Oct-12 10:52 AM by jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Make sure you can open the external drives and see the pictures with your explorer.
If not, the driver(s) for the disk(s) need to be reinstalled.
Also, if you can open and import them into Photoshop then it is the CNX2 installation at fault.
Uninstall and reinstall.
Double check with ViewNX2 that the files are available and readable.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Sat 27-Oct-12 02:28 PM
1552 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I don't understand the "They show up on the left side of View but I can't find the pictures."

View NX has found them. You've got something in View set so YOU can't see them.

A screen shot would be a great help.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

Lighter Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2012Mon 29-Oct-12 04:52 PM
1066 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive"
In response to Reply # 0

Calcutta, IN

Please let us know the following:

1. Which operating system are you using?

2. What is the exact model number of the WD external HDD?

3. Does your Motherboard support SATAII 6.0Gbps transfer rate?

4. Did you install any driver from WD site related to your particular HDD model? There are some 2TB, 3TB WD caviar HDD which requires drivers to be installed for proper operation if you are running operating systems like Windows© XP.

http://500px.com/sriroyc
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sroyc/
My gear: D90, AF-S 300 f4, AF-S 18-55 VR, Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Macro

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 04-Nov-12 08:14 PM
8673 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NX2 can't find photos on external hard drive"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Do you have a filter applied - either a specific file type or more likely a rating or color code filter?

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9496 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.