Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9477
View in linear mode

Subject: "Color Space" Previous topic | Next topic
expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Thu 18-Oct-12 08:45 AM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Color Space"
Thu 18-Oct-12 08:45 AM by expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Apologies as some time ago I asked a question touching on this subject and I just noticed I didnt get to the end of the road.

I have some images (D200) which were shot as Srgb.
When I got a D700 I decided to use AdobeRGB and changed Capture NX2 Preferences to that and ticked the "Use this instead of embedded profile"

This meant all images (no matter what space the camera was set to at capture) were annotated as Nikon Adobe RGB when opened fully in NX2. (at the bottom of the image.)
Fair enough, you helped me out and I was happy with that.

One niggle remains is that if I highlight a thumbnail (D200 original)it is still shown as sRGB in Capture NX2 metadata, path - 'Metadata - File & camera Info'

Can I be sure that all my images are actually in NikonRGB colorspace in view of how I set preferences.

I am asking because I want to start a huge task of renaming all my images in a sequence.

Thanks for looking.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Color Space
mklass Platinum Member
18th Oct 2012
expat Silver Member
18th Oct 2012
mklass Platinum Member
18th Oct 2012
expat Silver Member
19th Oct 2012
mklass Platinum Member
19th Oct 2012
expat Silver Member
19th Oct 2012

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 18-Oct-12 12:37 PM
5811 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

After opening your file in CNX, which applied the Adobe RGB color space to the image display only, did you change the color space in the file by converting it in CNX or by otherwise saving it with the new color space? If you didn't, then the file is still in it's original color space.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Thu 18-Oct-12 01:26 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 1

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Thanks for that I see what you mean now,I assumed that
as it said 'Nikon Adobe' on the opened file that thas what it was. So maybe the best thing to do in my case is to convert all my earlier sRGB files in CNX2 to Nikon AdobeRGB, presumably I can do them together with select all or something.

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Thu 18-Oct-12 01:51 PM
5811 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 2

Tacoma, US

You should be able to do it with a batch process in CNX. First open 1 image, use Adjust | Color Profile, then Convert to Profile after selecting Adobe RGB (1998). Click the gears icon and save the setting.

Then open the browser in CNX, select the files that you want to convert, then use the batch menu item to Run Batch Process applying the settings that you just saved.

Mick
or

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 19-Oct-12 11:28 AM
#4. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 3

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Mick could I pester you once more? In the batch menu (gear icon & save) a file name is obligatory how do you cover that for multiple files or is it just the name for the operation and not an individual image?
Thanks

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 19-Oct-12 12:16 PM
#5. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 4

Tacoma, US

It is just the name that you give to that particular setting (operation), something like "Convert to sRGB" in your case.

When you save it, make a note where it is stored so that you can retrieve it later.

Once you save it, it is available for all batch operations, as well as to apply to any individual image open in CNX through the Load Adjustments menu item in the gear icon. You manage which items appear in Load Adjustments by using the Manage Settings item in the gear icon.

Mick
or

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Fri 19-Oct-12 12:30 PM
#6. "RE: Color Space"
In response to Reply # 5

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Many thanks, going to spend my afternoon with "After the Shoot" chapter 10 armed with your notes.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9477 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.