Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9433
View in linear mode

Subject: "View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF f..." Previous topic | Next topic
rockdoctor Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2010Fri 28-Sep-12 03:38 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"

Calgary, CA

On my versions of the software I'm not seeing "camera settings" in CNX2 2.3.4 to adjust white balance, change picture control etc and on VNX 2.5.1 I can't adjust sharpening, or any other slide controls for NEF files shot with the D600. Can do it all with D90 files. Downloaded the latest CODEX, too. I think.

Anyone having the same problem? Uninstalled CNX2 as I had a missing upgrade, then re-installed from CNX2 2.3.0 thru 2.3.4. Still can't do anything but quick fix and lessor changes to D600 NEF files.

The CD supplied with the camera wouldn't load as apparently I already had the most up to date View NX2 available.

rockdoctor

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 N...
cliddell Silver Member
29th Sep 2012
rockdoctor Silver Member
29th Sep 2012
SRFast Silver Member
30th Sep 2012
Asgard Administrator
30th Sep 2012
rockdoctor Silver Member
01st Oct 2012

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sat 29-Sep-12 10:15 AM
999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

It sounds to me that the D600 is not set to raw .NEF output?

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rockdoctor Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2010Sat 29-Sep-12 07:35 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 29-Sep-12 07:47 PM by rockdoctor

Calgary, CA

The NEF files are set to 12 bit lossless compressed. Just uninstalled every Nikon software application on this computer and loaded just ViewNX2 2.5.1. Can do what I want with D90 RAW files but not D600. Still greyed out. Don't expect any improvements reloading CNX2, either.

Interesting to note: Nikon Transfer 2 was not installed when installing ViewNX 2. The software used was downloaded from Nikon's website and not the one included with the camera, as that version was older.

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Sun 30-Sep-12 01:44 PM
1458 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 2

New York City, US

Doug,
I don't own a D600, but I downloaded a D600 NEF from the Internet and I am able to view the camera data and perform all the edit functions using VNX2 2.5.1.

Good luck....JL

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 30-Sep-12 05:57 PM
51207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Both programs are supported the D600.

Uninstall all Nikon Software and clean your system.

Then download again.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

rockdoctor Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2010Mon 01-Oct-12 12:34 AM
#5. "RE: View NX2 2.5.1 and CaptureNX2 2.3.4 use with D600 NEF files"
In response to Reply # 4

Calgary, CA

There was a conflict with older Nikon Transfer, still on the computer. When transferring files Nikon Transfer was still set in the preferences, so naturally D600 files weren't useable, whereas D90 were.

A duh moment....wasn't paying attention.

Cleared everything Nikon out and started over. Works.

Thanks for the input.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9433 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.