Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Poughquag, US
342 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SirPuttsAlot Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2011
Thu 27-Sep-12 01:13 AM | edited Thu 27-Sep-12 01:15 AM by SirPuttsAlot

I have a ton of photo's ( > 1000) to review, edit, etc from vacation. I currently have both Aperture 3 and View NX2 for my mac. Over the past year I have really enjoyed using View NX2, like the Nikon Picture Controls and like the results, but find it to be rather limiting. Aperture is a great Database and offers some editing tools, but not enough to make me happy.

About a year ago I downloaded and tried both the Nik Software and the Capture NX2 but never really got a good feel for either and don't remember much about them.

What I do remember was that the Nik plugin's for Aperture kept exporting TIFs from module to module and with a D800 that could chew up space quick and was also a pain. I think the workflow takes just too long and the lack of lens distortion correction is annoying, but if it really is that much better than Capture NX2, I am willing to jump at it.

I don't remember what the interface for Capture NX, but if it's like View NX2, with lots of additional features and the ability to do things like sharpen specific area's (such as eyes, etc), I might be able to get onboard with it.

I'm not a fan of lightroom 4, I've played with it a few times and it was OK, but outside of lens distortion, I didn't think it provided me anything that aperture didn't.

Poll result (12 votes)
Nikon Capture NX2
(12 votes)Vote
Nik Complete Collection Lightroom/Aperture Edition
(0 votes)Vote